Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning how to read runs

Options
  • 30-09-2019 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I'm a long time lurker of this forum, but having no knowledge beyond leaving cert geography I can't participate in discussions. However I would really would love to learn how to read charts and the theory behind what influences the weather, such as the jet stream, pressure systems, el nino, etc. Hopefully from there would love to learn how to read runs when it comes to storms, snow potential, heat waves, basically any weather extremes that could come our way.

I am sure this question has been asked before, but I used the search function and couldn't find an answer.
    Would anyone have recommendations on where someone with no knowledge could begin to learn all this on a hobby basis? Books, YouTube channels, podcasts, websites, etc. Books would be my preferred method of learning but I'm open to all suggestions.
    I think Sryan began his weather learning journey this way too?
    So far all I have is Joanna Donnellys book on weather.
    Love this forum, thank you to all contributors.

Comments

Advertisement