Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Comments

I've gone back in on a fresh PC and tried incognito also. My team just refuses to accept I have a spare FB slot!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Witheringeye

Yeah I've cleared my cache and history and it keeps saying I don't have enough funds when I try to change my squad ðŸ˜

So I just created a new account with my work email. Am in the car on a laptop broadcasting from my phone but managed to get it sorted!

Team:

3hVKLNP.png

Scratch that, dropped Ben Arous and brought in Mas and have Drew Mitchell as my bench spot instead of Tuilagi

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just in case anyone missed it there's a bunch of "Featured Leagues" on the Leagues homepage that are giving away pretty decent prizes so make sure you join them.

I don't work for FantasyRugger, just in case that sounded like a sales pitch... :D

Someone's team is called Hawaii Try-O. Bravo, my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Fantasy Rugger

Apologies to anyone who needed to make a new team.

Great to have you on board though. Desktop is always easier to finalise teams.

Looking forward to a great competition

As of 17:21 on Friday evening I still can't access a kicker or a captain so just for my own peace of mind I've marked them on myself so I can use this as proof that I actually would have beaten you all if I'd gotten the extra points. :D

362900.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Fantasy Rugger

Web dev working on the Kicker/Captain issue as we speak

Hopefully will be all sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

Can't wait for tonight

I've solved my captain/kicker problem by entering a whole new team. I'll just ignore the first one for the duration of the WC rather than having two teams on the go.

• Advertisement

I've solved my captain/kicker problem by entering a whole new team. I'll just ignore the first one for the duration of the WC rather than having two teams on the go.

Did the same. My old team has some random selections when I was trying to fix it. Wonder if it will end up doing better than my actual team!

LETS GO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Someone's team is called Hawaii Try-O. Bravo, my friend.

That's me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Nadolo and brown as try scorers. Decent start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Nadolo scores so I will take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

How do you check your score? Or does it all pop up at the end of the game week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I had Robshaw, Wood and Nakarawa so I'm pretty happy, lots of points for tackles and offloads, wood also took a lot of line out ball.

One thing I'm worrying about is goal kickers. Ford was worth negative points if anyone had him, a kicker has to kick better than 75 percent or you will lose points. At that risk, I'd be tempted to just let a prop be designated kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

errlloyd wrote: »
    I had Robshaw, Wood and Nakarawa so I'm pretty happy, lots of points for tackles and offloads, wood also took a lot of line out ball.

One thing I'm worrying about is goal kickers. Ford was worth negative points if anyone had him, a kicker has to kick better than 75 percent or you will lose points. At that risk, I'd be tempted to just let a prop be designated kicker.

I knew I'd regret not reading the scoring system..... :o

Uh oh, I had ford.

DK try and earls assist , few tries from mvovo now would be nice

Had Payne. Le Roux and Elizabeth not playing here...

• Advertisement

Had Payne. Le Roux and Elizabeth not playing here...

Assuming you mean Etzbeth, he's been moved up to the bench so he might get a run out at some point.

Assuming you mean Etzbeth, he's been moved up to the bench so he might get a run out at some point.

I do, autocorrect got me.

No le roux at all? :( in my defence, I put that team together yesterday afternoon before running to work. Swapped falau for le roux when I realised the Aussies weren't playing this gameweek.

God damn it France changing their line up and now my winger isn't playing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

When do they publish the week 1 results?

OSI wrote: »
    That's Mike Brown, Dave Kearney, Johnny Sexton and van den Merwe all scoring try's for me so far. Not bad 3 games in :D

Brown, nadolo, dk, de jager for me. Plus earls and heaslip had assists today.

Stheno wrote: »
    When do they publish the week 1 results?

I asked on Twitter. Monday morning hopefully!

Only Du plessis and Nodolo bagging tries for me. Was hoping Kearney would pass to Ross...

Matawalu nearly made up for his yellow but knocked on. Mas scores while on my bloody bench.

Reckon Picamoles will have made me some bank, didn't get to see the match, did he give away any penalties?

I think they should look at doing like in the Premier League FF that if one of your starting line up don't play but your sub for that position does you get those points. Obviously too late for this one but maybe for next year's 6 Nations?

• Administrators Posts: 54,105 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Nakarawa, Henderson and Sexton my only try scorers so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I don't think I have any try scorers yet (although my back three have yet to play).

Nakarawa, Robshaw, Wood and Heaslip have all provided plenty of points by tackling. Murray and Michalak provided assists, but the real disappointments were Kriel and JDV.

The Georgian props won, so happy enough with that, but I'd like one of Baldwin, Imhoff, Nanai Williams (or the other Argentine winger).

I think they should look at doing like in the Premier League FF that if one of your starting line up don't play but your sub for that position does you get those points. Obviously too late for this one but maybe for next year's 6 Nations?

That is what they do

I had Payne. Been a bit disastrous, le roux, etzebeth and fofana didn't play. Lots of starters today though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Habana was my captain...balls.

Ah well it's a price I'm willing to pay for Japan's victory

I have Cuthbert for captain v Uruguay to save my week. I picked my team largely based around week 1 and kind of regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I have Cuthbert for captain v Uruguay to save my week. I picked my team largely based around week 1 and kind of regret it.

I did the same, I totally forgot you can only make 2 free subs between game weeks. I have Zane Kirchner as captain because I assumed they'd hammer Japan.

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I did the same, I totally forgot you can only make 2 free subs between game weeks. I have Zane Kirchner as captain because I assumed they'd hammer Japan.

I have 3 saffers, 3 welsh, only 1 kiwi and no Aussies... I thought I got more changes too, I'll bring in a couple of Aussies next week for sure. Need to ditch at least 1 welsh unless they play unless they play particularly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

awec wrote: »
    Nakarawa, Henderson and Sexton my only try scorers so far.

Nakarawa didn't score Nadolo did

That is what they do

Is it? I don't remember seeing that mentioned but then I didn't really read the T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Nakaitaci's disallowed try is irritating, would be worse if I had matawalu too :D

Is it? I don't remember seeing that mentioned but then I didn't really read the T&Cs.

Yeah I'm pretty sure - will post later as on mobile arm.

Wyles just bagged me a try. Good stuffing

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm pretty sure - will post later as on mobile arm.

Wyles just bagged me a try. Good stuffing

I had Wyles in but too him out, also had one of Japan's flankers who probably got a big score yesterday too but took him out :(

Should have kept track of what my very first team was before I went tinkering with it just to see how it compare to what I ended up with.

I had Wyles in but too him out, also had one of Japan's flankers who probably got a big score yesterday too but took him out :(

Should have kept track of what my very first team was before I went tinkering with it just to see how it compare to what I ended up with.

Wyles is in my team at 15 but he is playing 11. Does he still count for me?

Wyles is in my team at 15 but he is playing 11. Does he still count for me?

Yeah. I asked them that on twitter and they said as long as they're on the field they count, regardless of where they're playing.

Toyed with putting Allen in my team when Fofana was ruled out. Didn't do it. :(

Tipuric withy 3rd disallowed try of the weekend. Fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Ok so I think in the end some of my subs played better than my first teamers. Thankfully Pocock was in this week so Gorgodze who I had his points count.

I can't remember who all scored tries now but I think the only people in my backline who didn't were joseph and kriel, both of who may be my xfers for this week!

There are 11 matches in Game week 2.

I wonder when we can make changes? I'm going away until Wednesday and don't really want to be trying to do it through my phone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Isn't Rhys Webb injured? Just copped I have him in my subs :(

And if your subs play regardless on the day do you still get points?

I'd van der Merwe :)

Stheno wrote: »
    Isn't Rhys Webb injured? Just copped I have him in my subs :(

And if your subs play regardless on the day do you still get points?

I'd van der Merwe :)

This is what it says about subs.
    You will only receive points for the players in your starting lineup – unless one of your starters doesn’t play in that round, in which case you will receive points for your substitute. If he didn’t play either – you will get no points for that position.

Basically you only get points for them if a player in your starting 15 in that position doesn't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Rugger is quit slow to update their scores arent they, or do we wait till the Wednesday games are over?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement