Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Noopti wrote: »
    8Ec3qMp.png?1

Eh was todd clever dumped by the usa in the summer? Skipping training to go to awards gigs or something

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

aimee1 wrote: »
    Eh was todd clever dumped by the usa in the summer? Skipping training to go to awards gigs or something

You're right, he was, multiple conduct violations was the official line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

You're right, he was, multiple conduct violations was the official line.

I am doing this in support for Todd. #justicefortodd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

So does anyone know officially how the game weeks work? Like is it useless starting Aussie players this weekend for example?

So does anyone know officially how the game weeks work? Like is it useless starting Aussie players this weekend for example?

Yeah. Australia, Scotland Romania and Namibia (?) aren't playing in Game week 1. I assume that there will be a game week where some teams play twice, or there'll be a very short game week at some point with only two matches in it. Keep a close eye on the deadlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

Does the website work really really slowly for you guys? Just doesn't want to load anything for me it seems

in the pic below, it shows NEXT FIXTURES tab. click on it and it gives you the fixtures which are counted. I presume it changes every monday

errlloyd wrote: »
    362193.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is there a handy website to get all the starting line ups off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

I'm guessing ultimate rugby or the RWC site would be the best bets

Cant access the fantasy rugger website on my phone. Is there a deadline to make your team selections on it?

• Advertisement

Cant access the fantasy rugger website on my phone. Is there a deadline to make your team selections on it?

your 25 man squad should be picked before 8pm on Friday

8PM on Friday.

I used this site during the 6 Nations and there was often a bit of trouble nearer the game days with accessing the site. They were taking changes through emails at one point. Hopefully they've sorted it out with the relaunch but just keep it in mind. I wouldn't leave anything until the last minute.

Deadline is actually midday on Friday according to the website.

Deadline is actually midday on Friday according to the website.

Really, it says 8pm on the team selection page? 12pm seems a more reasonable time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Something really strange going on with site, lots of players missing. For example I was looking for Mike Brown for England and Dan Carter for NZ and neither appear on the team lists - they did last time I looked last week!!!

Something really strange going on with site, lots of players missing. For example I was looking for Mike Brown for England and Dan Carter for NZ and neither appear on the team lists - they did last time I looked last week!!!

Have you added them to your team? They don't show up if they are in your team list. I had a bit of a bug where that happened to me, but a refresh and could see them again.

Has anyone watched the league? I'm Ruxin'ing myself already...

This salary cap makes it damn hard!

Website is being silly slow too which isn't helping my decisiveness!

Scythica wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the league? I'm Ruxin'ing myself already...

This salary cap makes it damn hard!

Website is being silly slow too which isn't helping my decisiveness!

yeah website gone very slow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Blackheath

It will not even open for me now. When it did open earlier It will not let me pick more than 3 players from NZ yet I have 5 players from another Country.

finally got sorted, site is very slow though. had to make changes and keep a few subs for next week who arent playing this week

• Advertisement

Now i changed my team but it wont update on the my team section but in the transfer section its different... after saving.. bah

Scythica wrote: »
    Now i changed my team but it wont update on the my team section but in the transfer section its different... after saving.. bah

i had that as well, just give it a few minutes

i had that as well, just give it a few minutes

It's been hours :(

finally got sorted, site is very slow though. had to make changes and keep a few subs for next week who arent playing this week

Great team, my only warning is I don't think Etzebeth or Du Preez are playing this week, and neither are your subs Gray and Davies. So you're possibly looking at playing 13 players in round one.

I'm still trying to decide what to do about Wesley Fofana but while looking at my team I'm pretty outraged that Nehe Milner-Skudder costs 90k. He is actually the most expensive player in my squad. Am I mental? Quite possibly. There's every chance he'll be the player of the tournament but he's had what, 2 caps for NZ before this World Cup? Some very questionable pricing there.

I'm still trying to decide what to do about Wesley Fofana but while looking at my team I'm pretty outraged that Nehe Milner-Skudder costs 90k. He is actually the most expensive player in my squad. Am I mental? Quite possibly. There's every chance he'll be the player of the tournament but he's had what, 2 caps for NZ before this World Cup? Some very questionable pricing there.

This is exactly the same thing that I asked myself. The way I'm thinking is that he could absolutely rip it up if he gets a chance and depending on who's playing in a given week I'm probably gonna interchange between him, Savea and Naholo

b.gud wrote: »
    This is exactly the same thing that I asked myself. The way I'm thinking is that he could absolutely rip it up if he gets a chance and depending on who's playing in a given week I'm probably gonna interchange between him, Savea and Naholo

If you look at their RC squad I'm fairly sure Milner-Skudder only got the call up after Naholo got his chance and broke his leg. He was very impressive in his brief appearance but Milner- Skudder, I thought, was more impressive. So, do you assume M-S will be the preferred choice to start? I don't know. The fact that they've taken the risk bringing Naholo they're obviously sufficiently impressed with him that they think it's worth the risk. Maybe I'm over thinking these things, it's only a game!

NZ have a pretty easy Pool. Argentina is the only one they might have to make a bit of effort against and they've got so much quality there that you can't really guess who is or isn't going to play and in which matches.

Still, 90k for the guy... I think he is actually the most expensive player in the game?

If you look at their RC squad I'm fairly sure Milner-Skudder only got the call up after Naholo got his chance and broke his leg. He was very impressive in his brief appearance but Milner- Skudder, I thought, was more impressive. So, do you assume M-S will be the preferred choice to start? I don't know. The fact that they've taken the risk bringing Naholo they're obviously sufficiently impressed with him that they think it's worth the risk. Maybe I'm over thinking these things, it's only a game!

NZ have a pretty easy Pool. Argentina is the only one they might have to make a bit of effort against and they've got so much quality there that you can't really guess who is or isn't going to play and in which matches.

Still, 90k for the guy... I think he is actually the most expensive player in the game?

I'm pretty sure Habana is 95 but can't look it up atm.

I'm pretty sure Habana is 95 but can't look it up atm.

You're right, he is.

I'm kind of waiting for teams to announce their squads for the weekend before I make my final decisions, they're so selfish leaving it to the last minute.

• Advertisement

Milner-Skudder may have played in the RC earlier if not for a rib injury in the Super rugby final. The thoughts of him tearing up the Namibian and Gooergian defence is the main reason that I choose him. Having said that Naholo and Savea could obviously do the same thing. I just have a feeling that he might do something special this tournament.

You are right though 90k for a guy with 2 caps is a bit big

Advertisement