Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

You can make 2 free transfers after each game week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Here's my team, probably not finalised yet - I'll have to see the starting XV's before I make my final selection

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I went to make a change to my team this morning and I'm pretty sure I had an extra 50k in my salary bank. I managed to get Murray in as substitute SH. When I initially picked my team I was struggling to fill the bench because I kept running out of money. Not sure what happened there but I'll take it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Joined!

Australia going with the two teams approach is pretty annoying. They're not playing in the first game week and then it's entirely possible any players you picked will end up not playing their first match either. Is it worth having any of them in the team?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is hard to pick.

Anyone know the rule for multi-positional players? Henderson is down as flanker but what if he plays lock?

9b2ebd8d95818925bc94d9ffabe07718.png

I don't know. I assume as long as they're on the pitch you get the points.

EDIT: I asked them and they confirmed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Joined as well
    G-Force

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

What's the story with this once you've made your team of 25, can you make as many changes as you want before the first game?
    I have a team that I'm somewhat happy with but might want to make a few changes between here and the 1st game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

b.gud wrote: »
    What's the story with this once you've made your team of 25, can you make as many changes as you want before the first game?
    I have a team that I'm somewhat happy with but might want to make a few changes between here and the 1st game

Yeah unlimited changes until 8pm on the 18th

• Advertisement

Yeah unlimited changes until 8pm on the 18th

Thanks I can submit it and try to get some work done so :)

Putting all your eggs in one basket with the irish half back pairing then OSI?

Wonder how it works post group stages when certain teams disappear. Will we be given free subs to get rid of players likely to be gone and a bigger budget?

awec wrote: »
    Wonder how it works post group stages when certain teams disappear. Will we be given free subs to get rid of players likely to be gone and a bigger budget?

You can pick an entirely new team each round once the knock outs start. I assume there'll be a budget still and a higher restriction as to how many players per team you can pick

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HankSchrader

I'm in. Out of Touch :cool:

Now to chop and change....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah, pretty much.

You can join other leagues that are giving away prizes too. There's a few on the "Featured Leagues" page.

Why wouldn't you just join all the featured leagues? If you win one, you'll probably win them all and get a serious amount of free stuff?

awec wrote: »
    Wait, what is a gameweek?

It'd be weird if a gameweek wasn't considered the first round of fixtures. Otherwise there'll have to be a lot of subbing for teams not playing?

Right some from what I can gather there are four game weeks, but obviously by necessity some teams play twice in some, and some teams don't play in others. So for example Scotland miss week one, but play twice in week 2.

You pick your squad of 25, and that is your extended squad for the whole tournament, but you only actually play 15 of those each week. So for example, I picked both Irish scrum halves in my squad of 9, that way if Murray doesn't start, I can just pick Reddan. I don't think you can pick say both Murray and Kockott, and get double points when Ireland play France.

Then you can make some changes to your squad of 25 between rounds.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you just join all the featured leagues? If you win one, you'll probably win them all and get a serious amount of free stuff?

I have. :confused:

362193.PNG

I can't wait for the deadline, I keep tinkering and I'm going to end up with an entirely different squad by the time it starts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

errlloyd wrote: »
    362193.PNG

if you click on the NEXT FIXTURES tab it shows you the gameweek fixtures so you can make changes based on who doesnt have a game in that block of fixtures.

aimee1 wrote: »
    if you click on the NEXT FIXTURES tab it shows you the gameweek fixtures so you can make changes based on who doesnt have a game in that block of fixtures.

Yeah, the only players I have who doesn't have fixtures is Jonny Gray, but he has two in round two. I originally had both Grays. So I will switch out Nakarawa after round 1 (probably) and bring in Richie.

I'd do that with both of them, but then I'd have to keep any injuries.

Fairly early stab at a team:

HKnZkh5.png

Need to check a lot of things such as when my subs are more likely to be playing.

Also really keen to get Reddan into my team but would be at the expense of either Jack McGrath or Strauss so not sure there. Have 0 cash left also as I splurged on Savea.

Alan McGuinty get's in as his aul lad was my maths teacher.

8Ec3qMp.png?1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've forgotten my password :(

Stheno wrote: »

Surely they have an option to retrieve/reset it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Noopti wrote: »
    Surely they have an option to retrieve/reset it?

They do but it takes ages to send the relevant mail

They do but it takes ages to send the relevant mail

Ah...one of those websites where it takes ages to get the email. Pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

That's old age.....

• Advertisement

I think this should be close to my final team

362468.jpg

Advertisement