Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Options
  • 07-09-2015 10:21pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone fancy joining a league? Just for a bit of fun, no prizes, other than bragging rights.

In case you don't know http://fantasyrugger.co/ is run by Ian Madigan (and presumably others). They claim to have the best scoring system awarding points for lots of different aspects of play in the various positions. There's a couple of players and websites have their own leagues and are giving away decent prizes to the winners. Madigan is giving away 6N tickets for Ireland vs Wales. Dan Biggar is giving away Wales v Scotland ones.

Anyway... I'll create a league for Boards and if anyone wants to join feel free.

Now to think of a name....

"Bring Back Andrew Trimble" or maybe "The Kieran Marmion Appreciation Society"?

EDIT: League is called "Down To Ruck" and I regret it already. The code is weZuOKjit4tgdHQY

LINK TO LEAGUE IS IN POST #8

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'll give it a go :)

Was chatting to some of the lads in work about fantasy team websites for the RWC and this looks as good as any I guess. Only issue is I'm not sure my hair is random yet shapely enough to join.

Could some boards experts maybe weigh in on this... molloy? .... ak?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was chatting to some of the lads in work about fantasy team websites for the RWC and this looks as good as any I guess. Only issue is I'm not sure my hair is random yet shapely enough to join.

Could some boards experts maybe weigh in on this... molloy? .... ak?

What's this about hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Stheno wrote: »
    What's this about hair?

Only baldies need apply.....you're in!!

Wang King wrote: »
    Only baldies need apply.....you're in!!

How did you know I'm bald?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Anyway... I'll create a league for Boards and if anyone wants to join feel free.

Now to think of a name....

"Bring Back Andrew Trimble" or maybe "The Kieran Marmion Appreciation Society"?

EDIT: League is called "Down To Ruck" and I regret it already. The code is weZuOKjit4tgdHQY

is this set up yet? just looked for it there and nothing

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

aimee1 wrote: »
    is this set up yet? just looked for it there and nothing

I just set it up, about 10 minutes ago. Maybe it takes a while to appear?

This is the link it's giving me... http://fantasyrugger.co/league/index?LeagueSearch%5Bprivacy_code%5D=weZuOKjit4tgdHQY

I just set it up, about 10 minutes ago. Maybe it takes a while to appear?

This is the link it's giving me... http://fantasyrugger.co/league/index?LeagueSearch%5Bprivacy_code%5D=weZuOKjit4tgdHQY
    Sorted through the link :)

Here's my team. I'm hoping to never have to make any substitutions. Although I've just realised Australia (and 3 other teams I can't figure out) aren't playing in the first game week so I have to make one already .... S**t, Scotland aren't playing either.

361530.png

Here's mine :) attached

You and I both have Hogg and Heaslip that I can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm in with my hastily assembled team. It's awkward enough to put together without having to worry about who is playing when so I just selected one for the whole tournament and hoped for the best.

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm in with my hastily assembled team. It's awkward enough to put together without having to worry about who is playing when so I just selected one for the whole tournament and hoped for the best.

As I'm new to this stuff I just picked at random :P

I can't find the league :(

I can't find the league :(

Try the link in post #8.

Try the link in post #8.

I did thanks, I'm in...
    :)

So am I right in thinking the idea here is that we see how our individual teams do against each other?

Totally new to this :)

I've managed to join, but I can't get back in thru the link, can't see any other teams or anything, is that normal? Will it take a few hours to show up, or are we a ghost league.

So am I right in thinking the idea here is that we see how our individual teams do against each other?

As long as you finish above me you're doing OK :(

Yeah, pretty much.

You can join other leagues that are giving away prizes too. There's a few on the "Featured Leagues" page.

I've managed to join, but I can't get back in thru the link, can't see any other teams or anything, is that normal? Will it take a few hours to show up, or are we a ghost league.

I made it a private league so only people on here could join. You should be able to see who else is in the league but you can't see who is in their team. I assume this will change when the tournament starts.

• Advertisement

ah that would be pure beginners luck :)

ah that would be pure beginners luck :)

I've the same level of experience in fantasy games as yourself

• Site Banned Posts: 65 ✭✭Trabejo

I've the same level of experience in fantasy games as yourself

I think you're looking for the fantasy Bugger thread there pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

D24HZzI.png

Absolutely brutal at these yokes but figured it's worth a try.

Trabejo wrote: »
    I think you're looking for the fantasy Bugger thread there pal.

You offering mate?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Joined! Excited.

Just giving this a wee bump in case anyone missed it and might like to join in.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Here's my team. I'm hoping to never have to make any substitutions. Although I've just realised Australia (and 3 other teams I can't figure out) aren't playing in the first game week so I have to make one already .... S**t, Scotland aren't playing either.

Wait, what is a gameweek?

It'd be weird if a gameweek wasn't considered the first round of fixtures. Otherwise there'll have to be a lot of subbing for teams not playing?

Feck, I hope so, else I'm in the brown stuff

• Advertisement

I asked them on twitter but they never got back to me. I had previously assumed that some teams would have two fixtures in the one week at times but it seems that some teams are missing from the first game week. I'm working off the list they give as game week one meaning no Australia or Scotland and two other teams are missing too.

Advertisement