Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime + Kindle library+ Movies for a year £49

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Is that available to Irish customers? - Both delivery, and Prime Instance Video.

As lovefilm certainly wasn't.

I also don't believe there is an Android App for the Prime Instance Video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Just signed up. No Prime Video for the Irish. Cancelled straight away again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tomslick wrote: »
    Just signed up. No Prime Video for the Irish. Cancelled straight away again.

thats a bummer. :( why do the Brits always discriminate against us..yadda yadda yadda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I've signed up too, will wait for the video streaming to go live and if, as it is currently, not available to Ireland, I will cancel.

Edit: Just cancelled now instead, at risk of forgetting about it and getting billed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

They have had this for ages. I had a free trial of it about a year ago when I was i the UK. The only use to people in Ireland is if you get a lot of stuff delivered to Parcel Motel. With Amazon Prime it get's to Parcel Motel quicker but you still have to wait the day for it to get from Parcel Motel. It was at 49 since it launched but is now going up in price. It's not really a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kaahooters

thats a bummer. :( why do the Brian always discriminate against us..yadda yadda yadda.

It's Irish copyright laws, AFAIK.( correct me if I'm wrong, and if you were being funny, I'm very tired and stressed and kinda hungry, mabey I'll get a sandwich)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

Dudda wrote: »
    They have had this for ages. I had a free trial of it about a year ago when I was i the UK. The only use to people in Ireland is if you get a lot of stuff delivered to Parcel Motel. With Amazon Prime it get's to Parcel Motel quicker but you still have to wait the day for it to get from Parcel Motel. It was at 49 since it launched but is now going up in price. It's not really a bargain.

Prime has been out for ages. Prime - including movies - is brand new on this side of the Atlantic.

kaahooters wrote: »
    It's Irish copyright laws, AFAIK.( correct me if I'm wrong, and if you were being funny, I'm very tired and stressed and kinda hungry, mabey I'll get a sandwich)
    good idea...but nothing thats likely to upset you more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

surly just run a uk proxy to get access to the video stuff ?

kristok 2 wrote: »
    surly just run a uk proxy to get access to the video stuff ?

Tried it on I love films. Didn't work

• Advertisement

• I signed up for the Prime trial on the American Amazon site and was able to access their library of films , tv shows through the xbmc addon no problem!

I find it odd that the UK stuff would be blocked.....did anyone try unblock-us with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Netflix can make it happen (thankfully!).

Amazon are not bothered. If they were serious about us on this side of the water, they'd set up a .ie site to match their main UK site but with Euro pricing and Irish VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

Germany Amazon Prime is 29 euro for the year now if you sign up, then it will 49 euro a year. They are also switching to Amazon Instant Video. It is reported they will offer the library in original language. I hope that is the case, because LoveFilm Germany sucks and only offers German soundtracks. I'm already an existing prime customer in Germany so I won't lose out until my price increase kicks in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The Kindle thing looked promising but I had a quick search for books I want to read, and none of them are available on prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

JDxtra wrote: »
    Netflix can make it happen (thankfully!).

Amazon are not bothered. If they were serious about us on this side of the water, they'd set up a .ie site to match their main UK site but with Euro pricing and Irish VAT.

Ireland is a tiny, sluggish, highly contended market and probably would require additional licencing agreements / fees, why bother.

amazon don't offer prime to irish customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

You can share prime with 4 people so if your gonna pay be kind and share with people you know. Just use Hola plugin for chrome to watch lovefilm.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200444180

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I signed up for the Prime trial on the American Amazon site and was able to access their library of films , tv shows through the xbmc addon no problem!

I find it odd that the UK stuff would be blocked.....did anyone try unblock-us with it?

Be careful with this one. I signed up for a US prime trial too by adding a fake cc number and US address to my account. (Just to be clear that's a FAKE cc number, no one was getting scammed or charged anywhere, nothing criminal about it).
    It worked fine for around a week and they got in touch saying the US card was not currently working and shut down my prime trial.

So I thought fair enough, it was worth a shot, some you win, some you lose.

Then I forgot it until I got my credit card statement and turns out they'd charged me a year sub to amazon prime! 79 euro or dollars. So even though they'd cancelled the trial they didn't consider the contract cancelled at all.
    Anyway now I have amazon prime US and quite frankly it's pretty useless. There are no players for android, the free selection is pretty grim and you have to pay more to watch anything decent.
    I say avoid the US one at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Had an online chat with amazon.co.uk today to find out if they planned on opening their service to the Irish market. I was told no, but I could when in the UK download content to watch later when back home:confused:

Signed up for the amazon.com trial and cancelled straight away to avoid any charges. The instant prime content is not too bad but you do have to pay for content that is free on netflix. Had no problem accessing the .com libary but couldn't get past the .co.uk front screen, so no idea of their libary.

If it was possible to get access I might switch, as the kindle content would also interest me, but paying for a year in advance for content that you may get for a while before it being blocked would stop me.

Advertisement