Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Epson Moverio BT-100 Transparent multimedia glasses - £80 (~€101 Delivered)[Epson UK]

Options
  • 16-02-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

REQUIRES PARCEL MOTEL

Normally £429 (€499)

This offer isn't available in Ireland unfortunately, so we can either use one of the Countries that it is available in (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.), with a Friend or Family member, or Parcel Motel and UK address.

First of all, you need to REGISTER HERE as a developer, and you will receive a discount voucher code.
    You are now registered on our list of developers
    We will inform you when the developers’ site is live. Although the Moverio BT-200 will only be available from May, you can already purchase a developer kit, including a BT-100, to help you start experimenting with the binocular see-through nature of our product. To buy the kit online please visit the Epson Store at www.epson.co.uk and enter the code XXXXXXXXXXXXX at the checkout to purchase a Moverio BT-100 with your developer discount. The AV board will be shipped separately and so may arrive later.
    The voucher code is valid until midnight on 30 April 2014. The AV Board is a composite video input and thus the resolution is lower than the native qHD resolution of the Moverio. To connect the Moverio BT-100 to your development platform, using the AV board, you may also need to use an additional HDMI or VGA to Composite video converter. This AV Board isn’t produced by Epson and we can’t offer a guarantee or product support for it.

Once you have received the code, follow this link to purchase:

Epson Moverio BT-100 Transparent multimedia glasses - £80 (Instead of £429)

Another Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcnZdryFg88

CNET Review
    TechRadar Review
    Alatest Review

I am not sure I can justify these, and haven't clicked to purchase them yet. But I reckon I will. As i'm typing, I keep telling myself "€99".. :)
    Epson Moverio BT-100

Go anywhere
    With transparent lenses and Wi-Fi connectivity, you can update your social network accounts, catch up on the latest news and watch videos online while still being able to see your surroundings.

A great choice of entertainment
    With the Android™ 2.2 platform and 4GB SD memory card, you can choose from a whole host of content, such as MPEG 4 and H.264 videos, to watch wherever you want.

Big-screen experiences
    You can experience big-screen images that are equivalent to a 320-inch display viewed from 20 metres away. They also deliver a QHD display resolution, equal to a quarter of Full HD.

Control at your fingertips
    The Epson Moverio BT-100's smartphone-sized control box with touch sensitive trackpad means you can effortlessly navigate between menus and find exactly what you're looking for, offering you a hands-free alternative to small smartphone and tablet PC screens.
    Key Features

Private mobile entertainmentWearable See-Through Mobile viewerInternet browsingAndroid™ 2.2 platform and Wi-FiWide variety of contentMP3, MPEG 4 and 3D side-by-side contentLarge memory4GB SD card included (up to 32GB optional)Big screen experienceQHD display image, 320-inch perceived screen at 20m awayUser friendlyIntuitive smart-navigation menu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭markwho

Best bargain i ever saw. Any idea on what the av board makes possible? possible stream from pc maybe? Ordered one anyway. can't wait to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great price but fcuk me :D:

PR-986%20bt100_i06-580-90.jpg

Ill wait for the tech to improve a bit I think, probably buying an Oculus Rift retail version this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I'd be a bit worried about android 2.2, bit ye olde. Likewise how would the transparency work when you have to focus at different levels. Its great price if you want a device like this though, good find.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thargor wrote: »
    Great price but fcuk me :D:

Ill wait for the tech to improve a bit I think, probably buying an Oculus Rift retail version this year anyway.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Oculus Rift. Seems to be mentioned everywhere.

But €99. :)
    Also, I'm thinking at that price, it will get a lot of attention, maybe a new version of Android, and God knows what else, before being possibly relegated to the back of the growing box collection in my cupboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

I'm guessing this review is nearly spot on.

B-but now it's only €100 to look like moron and get a headache!

I got a pair of av-glasses a few years ago - SD - and they were okay. Can't say I ever really used them. They were a bit blurry as you could only adjust the screens so much to compensate.

At the same time, I want to give these a shot. What the hell, I'd love to see how far the technology has advanced - it doesn't seem like they'll be awful - and since you can preload them with movies etc... and can develop apps for it, there might just be a bit of fun in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I have registered for parcel motel. Can someone tell me how to proceed with this order using Parcel M please? Do i give the North Ireland address as mine?

Great Bargain op Thanks....

Do i gi

I have registered for parcel motel. Can someone tell me how to proceed with this order using Parcel M please? Do i give the North Ireland address as mine?

Great Bargain op Thanks....

Do i gi

Enter it like this:

Your Name
    Your PMID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

If there is no room for PMID, try:

Your Name + PMID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Dutchy

Just bought! Noting like a hungover impulse buy on a Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Was interested in buying these glasses so did my research, there is a new model bt 200 coming out in May which is more up to date, has a camera gyroscope sensors, is 60% lighter and runs android 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

doubt you'll get that one for 100 quid?....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

codrulz wrote: »
    Was interested in buying these glasses so did my research, there is a new model bt 200 coming out in May which is more up to date, has a camera gyroscope sensors, is 60% lighter and runs android 4.0

And won't be €101.

Seeing as it is a developer offer/program it is very possible that the bt-200 could sell for €100, possibly more but wouldn't think much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,025 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

They do look a bit heavy and awkward, price is tempting though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jees ... this is one of those things that I would buy for no reason and it would join the drawer of wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

You need to have unassisted vision I take it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Hmmm... popped in an order yesterday. Just checked my order on the Epson site and got greeted with: "You have not ordered in the Epson Store yet."

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Looks like my order was also cancelled.

From memory, I think I ordered my glasses via the guest checkout so I can't check the status to see if they've been cancelled. I l live in cinematic hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Has anyone successfully ordered these?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully ordered these?

Many people have received them already. 24/48 hours estimated delivery.

It seems there was a glitch, more people than expected tried to purchase. They have fixed it now. More available. If yours was cancelled, you can reorder now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Doh, ordered again :-)

You need to have unassisted vision I take it :D

They're designed so you can keep your glasses on and put them over your glasses

Ordered one and it was cancelled due to security reasons. Told to order again, and now they're telling me its on hold. Anyone else having difficulty?

markwho wrote: »
    Ordered one and it was cancelled due to security reasons. Told to order again, and now they're telling me its on hold. Anyone else having difficulty?

Are you using parcel motel?

Yep, for invoicing and delivery.

Are you guys, that are getting cancellations, being informed by email? Just that I ordered via guest checkout on Sunday - received confirmation email after purchase - and have heard nothing since? Assuming no news is good news so am expecting a text notification from Parcel Motel in the early hours of tomorrow morn to inform she's ready for collection (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Dutchy wrote: »
    Are you guys, that are getting cancellations, being informed by email? Just that I ordered via guest checkout on Sunday - received confirmation email after purchase - and have heard nothing since? Assuming no news is good news so am expecting a text notification from Parcel Motel in the early hours of tomorrow morn to inform she's ready for collection (hopefully)

I wouldnt get my hopes up.

No cancellation emails, and the second order has disappeared from my account.

Oh well

Yeah, I never got a cancellation e-mail either. Had to contact them about tracking, and they said it was cancelled.

Cheers guys. What is it about companies and the lack of customer service these days. I'll mail them now in order to "request" my cancellation email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

As ridiculous as they look, I couldn't resist.... my kind of Bargain Alert.

(What I really want is Google Glass....)

Advertisement