Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the secret to actually gettting hold of a plumber to do some work?

Options
  • 23-06-2021 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭

I have been struggling on and off for months to get hold of a plumber in South Co. Dublin but nobody seems interested, even after going so far as to do a site visit, they just disappear and don't respond to calls!!

What's the secret? I have a boiler to replace, a shower pump to install and bathroom taps to change..

I am frustrated and the wife is giving me grief - we have had no hot water in the bathroom for months :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Pent up demand has all trades flat out.

I wonder if you split up the jobs would you have better luck. For example if boiler is gas then you need a RGI plumber. They might not be keen on the other work. Maybe try and get RGI for the boiler and regular plumber for the other jobs.

You need to keep trying. Coming into the winter you'll find it harder again to get the boiler done as demand on RGI guys will be higher again once we start using the heating system again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

When you do get a good one, treat them well and use them again in the future.

Demand is mental at the moment. Plus in the governments infinite wisdom during the last recession they left down alot of apprentices and most that could left the country.

This is the downside to allowing the schools to compete on the progession to 3rd level metric and not developing the trades better. In germany in many trades you can go from apprenticeship right up to masters or PHD there is a clear progression path for most trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

homer911 wrote: »
    I have been struggling on and off for months to get hold of a plumber in South Co. Dublin

Try ********** They do general plumbing and they're all RGII certified. Got them to do the last two services on my gas boiler and an immersion tank replacement in 2018. Not cheap but good quality work.

Recommendations by PM pretty please MOD

Advertisement