Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside Chimney Hood

Options
  • 18-06-2021 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Wonder what this black cassette shape part is inside chimney hood over hob? it is above the mesh grease filters and under the extractor chimney with a tube going outside the house. Wonder how can I clean the grease off.

I am hoping it was correctly installed. The user manual was left on top of a bulb within the hood and burned through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭HelpImAlive

chattering wrote: »
    Wonder what this black cassette shape part is inside chimney hood over hob? it is above the mesh grease filters and under the extractor chimney with a tube going outside the house. Wonder how can I clean the grease off.

I am hoping it was correctly installed. The user manual was left on top of a bulb within the hood and burned through.

That's where you put a charcoal filter if you're using the hood in recirculating mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Isn't this literally just the fan . Some grease obviously got past your filter . Just clean it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mamoona

Many cooker hoods have one or more aluminum plates that act as a grease filter. They are full of spring and should be easy to remove.

How to buy the best cooker hood

Advertisement