Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing CCTV- Issue with ComReg

Options
  • 07-06-2021 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Folks,

My shipment worth nearly €2000 has been detained by ComReg. The products are surveillance cameras which i have imported before in smaller quantities without any complications.

They've stated that the product does not meet their standard, even after i've provided all documents which they requested and basically they said that the shipment will not be released. The product meets all EU safety standards.

Question is - is there anything i can do at all to receive the shipment or at least send it back to the supplier? I have contacted number of custom brokers with no avail.

ComReg standards are fairly complicated and i've never heard of them, before receiving correspondence and i think the requirements should be made more easily available to importers and in a clearer way.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Are these cameras wireless/use radio frequencies?

Ask them what they doesn’t comply with.

It sounds like it was pulled by Customs and passed onto ComReg. Somethings not right here...

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I assume it was shipped from outside the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

That's a strange one, what taric codes did the vendor out on the declaration.
    If comreg are involved then it sounds like the cameras are wireless and operate on a prohibited frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Prohibited frequency or rf power output might be excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Are they wireless? Some cameras operate on a frequency that interferes with Airport frequencies. It actually happened when a farmer imported some sort of calving camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I'd just be curious about the legitimacy of the EU approvals - this stuff is pretty much harmonised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mateo007

The issue was that there was no CE mark on the cameras. I had brand new CE cert from supplier, CE marks on boxes but that wasnt enough for them. Case is closed after months of dispute, cameras confiscated and 2 grand out the window. Its practically impossible to have a conversation with them, its like talking to a robot who repeats same thing over and over with absolutely zero explanation.

Advertisement