Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech External Bell issue

Options
  • 03-02-2021 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

My Aritech C350 system required started alarming for battery Voltage low yesterday. Internal and external bells sounding. Entering the code stopped the internal bell but external bell keep sounding. I replaced the battery and the yellow warning light went out but external bell keeps sounding. Had to remove one of the wires from the control box to stop it. No alarms codes or errors showing on keypad screen. Did a walk test and all good. No tampers or open zones either. Is there a battery in the external box that may have run down that I don't know about or possibly fuse issue. Although not sure why the fuse would go faulty after battery change which I have to do every 3/4 years without issue

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd you have access to the bell the first thing I'd check is the connections. Paying particular attention to power connections and BHO.
    After that disconnect both enedos of the cable and meter out and check continuity.
    If that's all good it's likely to be the bell its self.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sedona23

Finally got a round to replacing the full external bell box. By the time I sourced a battery and got it shipped not a whole lot of difference in price. So even with a new brand new external box( Same as previous, HKC) the external bell will go off constantly. Only way to stop it is to disconnect one of the bell box battery lines. This may be related but a new internal back up battery has run down in 4 months. Original lasted about 5 years I don't believe in coincidences so fell something is running down the back up battery and leading to the issue on the bell box. Any ideas. How can I tell if the system is possibly running on battery only and not mains power? Normally get a red light when mains is down but not seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

sedona23 wrote: »
    Finally got a round to replacing the full external bell box. By the time I sourced a battery and got it shipped not a whole lot of difference in price. So even with a new brand new external box( Same as previous, HKC) the external bell will go off constantly. Only way to stop it is to disconnect one of the bell box battery lines. This may be related but a new internal back up battery has run down in 4 months. Original lasted about 5 years I don't believe in coincidences so fell something is running down the back up battery and leading to the issue on the bell box. Any ideas. How can I tell if the system is possibly running on battery only and not mains power? Normally get a red light when mains is down but not seeing that.

Is the system working on the mains only with no battery connected?
    Have you checked the leads that go onto the battery to see if any voltage is present as this is what charges the back up battery.
    The system has its own timer for alarm activations so if the time is set more than 15 minutes it will ring for that time.
    If total power fail happens then the timer in the bell itself kicks in.

Advertisement