Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair cancelling one leg of flight

Options
  • 23-06-2021 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Just got an email saying my flight to Greece for end of July is cancelled :(
    It doesn't say the return leg is though, does anyone know if I'll get my money back/be able to rebook for the return as well??

It's unclear from the website there seems to be a technical glitch at the minute.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Just got an email saying my flight to Greece for end of July is cancelled :(
    It doesn't say the return leg is though, does anyone know if I'll get my money back/be able to rebook for the return as well??

It's unclear from the website there seems to be a technical glitch at the minute.

Thanks

Did they give a reason why it was cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Dear Customer,

We regret to advise you that due to ongoing changes to travel restrictions, at very short notice, we have no alternative and are forced to cancel your flight(s):

FR6953 from Newcastle to Crete (Chania) on 25Jul21.

Please inform any other customers who may be travelling in your party of these cancellations.

We are notifying you today to inform you that you can choose between a full reimbursement of the cost of your ticket, or the option of re-routing as well as reasonable care (as detailed below).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Just had my outbound leg to Rhodes cancelled too. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭embraer170

Lots of Ryanair July flights cancelled. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

This may be rubbish but I'm sure I have read previously that they're classed as a point to point carrier. Flights are separate. So the "return" is likely is likely to not be refunded if the flight goes ahead.

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    This may be rubbish but I'm sure I have read previously that they're classed as a point to point carrier. Flights are separate. So the "return" is likely is likely to not be refunded if the flight goes ahead.

If booked in one confirmation number (rather than two separate bookings), you should be able to change both the outbound and the return.

I have been struggling for days to get through to Ryanair's chat. I guess today's cancellations will not help. Anyone have any tips for getting through?

I normally started around 700 in the queue and the whole thing stops moving after about an hour (when I hit position 200-250).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Tow

As per theteals reply. Ryanair operate like a bus company, each flight is separate.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Same NOC-PMA outbound date cancellation. When you login you have the option to change both flights or get a refund.
    The email/webpage says you will not be charged, but it shows fare on return leg and haven't been able to complete the re-booking due to a problem with the website :/

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Neworder79 wrote: »
    Same NOC-PMA outbound date cancellation. When you login you have the option to change both flights or get a refund.
    The email/webpage says you will not be charged, but it shows fare on return leg and haven't been able to complete the re-booking due to a problem with the website :/

I've booked to fly from NOC to ALC in August, just wondering how much notice did you get about the cancellation?

My flights last years were cancelled and I had about 8 weeks notice....keeping my fingers crossed it goes ahead this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

Similar happened me with 1 leg of return trip to Barcelona cancelled. I was given option of move the cancelled flight, get refund for cancelled flight only or get refund for both flights as its part of the same booking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Tow wrote: »
    As per theteals reply. Ryanair operate like a bus company, each flight is separate.

Not when a return flight is booked in one booking, The point to point bit comes in when people book "connecting" Ryanair flights such Dublin to Stanstead then Stanstead to Malaga - These are individual flights and if the 1st one is late meaning you miss the second one you are on your own with no comeback on the Stanstead-Malaga flight.

Advertisement