Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring ceiling spotlight

Options
  • 23-06-2021 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

As I was moving the cables while wiring a ceiling spotlight, the metal connection which attaches to the earth section of the connector box has snapped clean off.

The metal piece connects to a metal plate on the inside of the light unit, this metal clip then connects to the connector box and then from there it goes to the earth cable from the ceiling.

Is there a way of fixing this or is it a case where the unit is now broken?

I can't seem to post an image unfortunately.

Many thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

agaloopah wrote: »
    As I was moving the cables while wiring a ceiling spotlight, the metal connection which attaches to the earth section of the connector box has snapped clean off.

The metal piece connects to a metal plate on the inside of the light unit, this metal clip then connects to the connector box and then from there it goes to the earth cable from the ceiling.

Is there a way of fixing this or is it a case where the unit is now broken?

I can't seem to post an image unfortunately.

Many thanks for any advice!

Could you get it soldered back on??? Spot weld if possible....

If not then worst case is bin it but if possible drill a hole big enough for a nut and bold to fit a lug around to crimp the earth cable onto and tighten..... Then boom you are in luck

Advertisement