Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a small porch, possible to do it myself ?

Options
  • 21-06-2021 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Would it be possible ( and doable ? ) to build a small porch to my existing semi-d home myself ? I would intend to keep it to the 2 square metres in area so as to avoid the planning process.

I am generally good at DIY and handy work, and would throw my hand to anything, but I am by no means an expert.

Would I be better trying to find someone to do it for me ? What would I generally need to consider by doing such a project.

Input welcomed, thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

oB1 wrote: »
    Would it be possible ( and doable ? ) to build a small porch to my existing semi-d home myself ? I would intend to keep it to the 2 square metres in area so as to avoid the planning process.

I am generally good at DIY and handy work, and would throw my hand to anything, but I am by no means an expert.

Would I be better trying to find someone to do it for me ? What would I generally need to consider by doing such a project.

Input welcomed, thank you!

Technically it’s possible. But it’s based on your competency.

Doffing for foundations. Reinforcement placement. Sub floor build up. Concrete floors, insulation, finishing and roofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭10-10-20

This is a bit light on detail... but it's what it is.

Advertisement