Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer lawn fertiliser

Options
  • 21-06-2021 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a lawn fertiliser for summer. Used 7-6-17 about 8 weeks ago and lawn looked great buts it fading again. Can I use that again, is it too soon or is there an alternative for this time of year given it’s so dry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The general guide for fertiliser for lawn is a fertiliser with N from spring to autumn and then a 0 N fertiliser at the end of the mowing season.

What you have is fine, use it again. Best used sparingly but regularly (4-6 weeks)

How much depends on the fertility of the soil, moisture in the soil, mulching or lifting clippings so it’s hard to give guidance on how much to use, little and often is best for sure.

For reference the three numbers are N-P-K, so the first is the units of Nitrogen

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

Pious14 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a lawn fertiliser for summer. Used 7-6-17 about 8 weeks ago and lawn looked great buts it fading again. Can I use that again, is it too soon or is there an alternative for this time of year given it’s so dry

What rate did you use this at? I used it about 5 weeks ago. There was a bit of spurt in growth but I'm not sure if that was the fertilizer or the change in the weather. I used approx 25kg over 5500sqm so about 5g/sqm....Bit light maybe?

frogeye

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Frogeye wrote: »
    What rate did you use this at? I used it about 5 weeks ago. There was a bit of spurt in growth but I'm not sure if that was the fertilizer or the change in the weather. I used approx 25kg over 5500sqm so about 5g/sqm....Bit light maybe?

frogeye

I'd say very light. I used 25g/sqm.

Advertisement