Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shower Dripping

• 16-06-2021 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My shower head in dripping.

I have attached a photo of what it looks like. I took off the hose and the drip is coming from the outlet where it was attached.

What would I need to do to stop this happening?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The two dials, one side is a thermostatic cartridge & the other one is a spindle. The spindle isn't shutting off fully, allowing the dirp. Replacing the spindle will resolve the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The two dials, one side is a thermostatic cartridge & the other one is a spindle. The spindle isn't shutting off fully, allowing the dirp. Replacing the spindle will resolve the issue

Thanks a million. Sorry for the rookie question, but how do I take the cover off to get to the spindle? I didn't want to break it by forcing it.

Also, are there different size spindles, or what would I measure to know what replacement size to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Thanks a million. Sorry for the rookie question, but how do I take the cover off to get to the spindle? I didn't want to break it by forcing it.

Also, are there different size spindles, or what would I measure to know what replacement size to get.

I can't see anything in the photo that might help. Could be a little grub screw holding it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 myfoothurts

As Sleeper says there's maybe a grub screw but on my very similar unit there's a plastic disc on the end of the dial. Prise that out and you can slip off the dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 myfoothurts

Forgot.. under the plastic disc is a philips screw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Thanks guys, yep, the plastic disc popped off and there was a Philips screw keeping the cover in place.

Advertisement