Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK South

Options
  • 18-06-2021 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good coastal town\city in the South of the UK to visit later in the Summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Seanachai wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a good coastal town\city in the South of the UK to visit later in the Summer.

Like Cornwall/,Devon/Dorset? Or do you mean the other side like Norfolk?

Is it you on your own and what kind of things do you look for in a holiday,?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Like Cornwall/,Devon/Dorset? Or do you mean the other side like Norfolk?

Is it you on your own and what kind of things do you look for in a holiday,?

Yes, Cornwall, maybe Hastings, possibly Bristol, I'd be travelling with two friends. I like some sightseeing, megaliths and then pub or restaurant in the evening. Not so much into clubs but would go if there was proper dance music and not just a dingy club playing Rihanna or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Yes, Cornwall, maybe Hastings, possibly Bristol, I'd be travelling with two friends. I like some sightseeing, megaliths and then pub or restaurant in the evening. Not so much into clubs but would go if there was proper dance music and not just a dingy club playing Rihanna or something.

Well not Hastings anyway was there 2 weeks ago for a spin, nothing much there. Cornwall is amazing and would be top of list but will be expensive. It’s like a different country down there.

Bristol is very nice but its just a big town near the coast.

Really depends on what you want. If you go along south coast, lots of nice small towns, but lots of dreadful ones also. Plenty of clubs with dodgy music and dodgier crowds named Darren and Mandy if that’s your thing. 😂😂😂

Do Cornwall if you can, the moors, the Tors, the pubs all great. And nice beaches if you want also!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Yes, Cornwall, maybe Hastings, possibly Bristol, I'd be travelling with two friends. I like some sightseeing, megaliths and then pub or restaurant in the evening.

I stayed in the area some years back: Bristol with day trips to Bath and Cardiff; Salisbury with a visit to Stonehenge.
    Would def stay again in either Bristol or Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

otnomart wrote: »
    I stayed in the area some years back: Bristol with day trips to Bath and Cardiff; Salisbury with a visit to Stonehenge.
    Would def stay again in either Bristol or Cardiff.

Myself and some mates had a great time cycling the jurassic coast a few years back. Lyme regis is a nice spot to base yourselves.

If I wanted to visit megaliths then have a town to stay in for meals out bristol/Stonehenge a good combination too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I really like the area between roughly Bournemouth and Torquay which includes the Jurassic Coast. On sunny days it can have a bit of a Mediterranean feel about it.

Advertisement