Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRNO M5 - Peep Sights

Options
  • 19-06-2021 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Right chaps, here is a tech question for those with more knowledge than myself.

Old 50/60 year old Brno's came with 16mm dovetail front and back, Brno peep sights & PH16N sights are as scarce as hens teeth. Mounting modern peep's is easy using sportsmatch 16 to 11mm adaptors. 

However here lies the problem, the Brno M5 front sight housing is integral to the barrel and cannot be removed; only the front post and hood are removable.

Picture hereunder shows a Brno M5 with a riser block made specifically to grip the original hood grooves. Note - these are grooves, not dovetails.

Brno M5 with DIY Block to fit Front Globe Sight Grooves.jpg

I can easily file a few thousandths off each bottom groove edge to make a dovetail of sorts, its measurement would be approx 7.5mm.

Question is, would an air rifle front Diopter sight (9.25mm dovetail I think) close enough to grip 7.5mm?

Thoughts/advice please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

After taking to you yesterday I think I may have a solution that could work well.
    I'll bring along that 11mm dovetail rail I have next week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

Great day yesterday plus the weather was super.

Thanks Clive, we'll have a look at it. Just ordered air rifle front diopter sight (20 bucks in UK), dovetail connectors are separate pieces and should be easy to alter to fit. Brute force, ignorance and if all else fails, a hammer should work....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

Mods, please close and lockup. Thanks.

Advertisement