Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving toilet.

Options
  • 04-06-2021 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi all

Looking to move a toilet in our downstairs bathroom and wondering what I need to do it. Not looking to dig up group just move 2 feet to the right. What type of connectors do I need and is there anything I need to consider. Will be boxing off pipe so it's OK that it will be above ground. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Adding images

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭monseiur

Faze11 wrote: »
    Adding images

Not a plumber....but until the professionals on here come along, you will need something like a Floplast SP103 - it's a flexible 90 degree connections that fits on to your pan, a short length of 4'' sewer pipe from this fitting with a standard 90 degree bend at the other end to connect sewer pipe into where the existing pipe protrudes form the floor. Consider fitting a bend with a cleaning eye here in case of blockages which is likely to occur occasionally due the number of bends.

Assuming that the pipe work is copper, to extend the water supply, you'll need 30 inches of half inch copper pipe and two 90 degree half inch brass compression fittings. (If running pipe along wall and out to cistern) You should be able to reuse the existing fittings to connect to cistern.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Appreciate above advise however looking to start this week. Any professionals have any advice or link to YouTube video. (can't find any)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You are going to have one hell of a deep boxed ledge to cover the sewer pipe where it comes out of the floor. Unless you are ok with that I think it's going to like awful, to put it nicely ;)
    Given the small area of bathroom floor tiles, if it was my job, I'd rip up the floor and do all the changes under the floor and re-tile the floor for a much better and tidier finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

As above , boxing off will look terrible and you will regret it down the line. Give yourself a clean finish and dig up the floor move it correctly and tile again afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's only 2 tiles to remove, if you could get same ones happy days if not it's not a crazy amount to replace, yes they are big but as above boxing that and leaving floor outlet where is will look terrible.

Advertisement