Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Built-in oven touching gas pipe to hob

• 05-06-2021 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

We just bought a new oven to replace a faulty one, both Zanussi. The new oven is somewhat deeper than the old one so when it is pushed into place it is touching the gas pipe that feeds the hob. It is not putting much pressure on the pipe as it fits flush to the carcass without any effort. However it is touching it at the top where there is an elbow joint on the gas pipe to go into the hob and also at two points along the pipe where there is a join and therefore two nuts which protrude a bit. I was able to verify this by putting some lumps of blu-tack on the pipe at these points.

I’m just wondering if this is a problem or if it is safe to install it like this. I doubt there is much heat generated by the rear of the oven because there are a lot of wires and cables within the oven casing which would get damaged. There also seems to be a layer of insulation at the back of the oven. Am I right in assuming the heat won’t be a problem? I’m also wondering if there might be some vibration from the fan (oven, not the cooling one) which could potentially affect the gas pipe over time and perhaps cause a leak or whatever? I’ll attach a photo if I can to illustrate the position of the pipe.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MarcusMaximus

Never mind, got it installed by lowering it a bit to avoid the upper angle of the pipe and putting a pad of rock wool around the joint lower down. Fingers crossed it’s all sorted now.

Advertisement