Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fragrance free laundry detergent

Options
  • 08-05-2021 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'm not sure why but all the bio detergents have a strange smell to me. I want to use them as they clean the clothes so much better but the after smell is very artificial strong and chemical to me. The non bios smell much better even though they have a fragrance themselves and it's ironic seeing as they are meant to be the more chemical of the two. Can anyone recommend a bio detergent liquid or powder that is good and fragrance free? I have heard pods generally are smellier than the liquid versions?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ecover have one that’s fragrance-free. I wouldn’t say it’s the best detergent I’ve ever used but it’s good for sensitivity.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I always use Fairy non-bio pods. It doesn't have a very strong smell, nice and mild. I used to use persil non-bio for years. I switched to Fairy at one stage, then bought persil again but Hated the smell. It seemed so strong and artificial. I also broke out in a rash, eventhough I used to use it. Went back to Fairy and have stuck to it. I hate a strong smelling detergent.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I always use Fairy non-bio pods. It doesn't have a very strong smell, nice and mild. I used to use persil non-bio for years. I switched to Fairy at one stage, then bought persil again but Hated the smell. It seemed so strong and artificial. I also broke out in a rash, eventhough I used to use it. Went back to Fairy and have stuck to it. I hate a strong smelling detergent.

Thanks, I might try Fairy and just result to using non-bio more as I cant find a bio that smells good to me. I don't mind a light scent just nothing strong or artificial.

Advertisement