Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astonishing!

Options
  • 29-04-2021 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭

Flutter announce Q1 results but the 2 paragraphs below are amazing stats.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0429/1212743-flutter-entertainment-q1-results/

The group estimated that Flutter brands (PP, Sky Bet, Betfair and Pokerstars) accounted for 56% of all customers at March's Cheltenham horse racing festival, one of major sports betting events of the year.

Its Paddy Power app was the most downloaded app during the week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

On a side note I would imagine there is a lot of young people getting into gambling in their 20s or maybe 30 now because of this and

I wonder what will be the knock-on impact to the mortgage industry for first time buyers

how strict are banks in terms of gambling on your bank statements

my brother-in-law is 22 and he is non stop gambling on his mobile app and I worry about the likes of him and thousands of others nowadays going for a mortgage if this trend continues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

wally1990 wrote: »
    On a side note I would imagine there is a lot of young people getting into gambling in their 20s or maybe 30 now because of this and

I wonder what will be the knock-on impact to the mortgage industry for first time buyers

how strict are banks in terms of gambling on your bank statements

my brother-in-law is 22 and he is non stop gambling on his mobile app and I worry about the likes of him and thousands of others nowadays going for a mortgage if this trend continues

The banks scrutinise everything and gambling on a bank statement would set sirens off.

Was switching my mortgage a few years. The bank questioned €10 I was getting per month from a work colleague.

You see, I collected the money for the lotto each month and that's how she paid me.

If your going for a mortgage, you need to really limit your spending for 6 months.

I would be cutting out takeaways, online purchases ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

okidoki987 wrote: »

The group estimated that Flutter brands (PP, Sky Bet, Betfair and Pokerstars) accounted for 56% of all customers at March's Cheltenham horse racing festival, one of major sports betting events of the year.

[/B].

I was looking at this again and the numbers are amazing.
    They say Sky Bet, Paddy Power, Betfair and Pokerstars combined took more stakes on Cheltenham than Bet 365, Ladbrokes, Coral, Betfred, William Hill, Bet Victor, Betway, Boyles and 888 along with all the other smaller players combined.
    That's one of the reasons they shouldn't have allowed all these mergers to happen, smaller number of "main" bookies means bigger margins and smaller choices for the punter.

Advertisement