Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Newbie

Options
  • 14-04-2021 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking into joining my local tennis club when restrictions ease. As a complete beginner is there any specific equipment I should look at getting? How much would I need to spend for a decent racquet that would suit my needs?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Buy something cheap first, maybe an aluminium adult racquet to see how you get on with the game. If you stay with it you would then look at getting a better one a you progress. Better again, see if a coach is doing group lessons, they might be able to loan you a racquet initially. First thing to get right is your grip size, have a google search, and there should be plenty of places o tell you how to measure your grip. If you can't find one let me know, and I'll PM you a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Hi,

I'm looking into joining my local tennis club when restrictions ease. As a complete beginner is there any specific equipment I should look at getting? How much would I need to spend for a decent racquet that would suit my needs?

Best thing to do is contact the club you are thinking of joining and half a chat with them and as most clubs have a coach the club should be able to arrange something for you. I know most clubs do let potential members come down on a certain night, usually club night, to have a try out.

Advertisement