Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has planning been granted ?

Options
  • 23-06-2021 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to submit a commencement notice, but on my planning application the field "Final Grant Date:" is blank, it does however say below that "Decision: GRANT PERMISSION"

Is that all I need to submit a commencement notice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,307 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gaz wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to submit a commencement notice, but on my planning application the field "Final Grant Date:" is blank, it does however say below that "Decision: GRANT PERMISSION"

Is that all I need to submit a commencement notice ?

Have you received the Final Grant of Permission from the Council, or just a Notification of Decision to Grant Permission?

The Council isue a Notification of Decision to the applicant and any persons who made submissions/observations during the submission period. Each party then has 4 weeks to submit an appeal against the decision if they want (to appeal the decision or one/some of the planning conditions).

After those 4 weeks, if no one has appealed, you then get the actual Grant of permission. The date should be on that. If it hasn't been updated on the website, check the documents on the planning file. They may have uploaded the final grant document there and it would have the date on it.

As for is that all you need to submit the commence notice, it depends on which type of commencement notice it is, what the planning was for etc. Do you have someone who submitted the application for you? They should be able to do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Thanks, the document says "Notification of Decision to Grant Permission". This was added on June 3rd , are they usually good at updating exactly 4 weeks later with the actual grant of permission ? Or is it typical government response times ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks, the document says "Notification of Decision to Grant Permission". This was added on June 3rd , are they usually good at updating exactly 4 weeks later with the actual grant of permission ? Or is it typical government response times ?

no they are not good at updating the final grant date.

if the notification of grant date is 3rd of June, the final grant date cant be before 1st July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

I am under a bit of pressure to get the commencement notice in as soon as possible. Is it possible to get the grant decision over the phone or you must wait for the website to update ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I am under a bit of pressure to get the commencement notice in as soon as possible. Is it possible to get the grant decision over the phone or you must wait for the website to update ?

no.

you just need to ensure the commencement notice does not go in prior to 4 weeks from the decision date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No. Statutory 4 week appeal period.
    ABP let the council know if any appeals were lodged then the council can draft the final grant.

Building control here in Dublin will check the final grant date and also any conditions are complied with.

Advertisement