Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€6 every month

Options
  • 21-06-2021 12:31am

Hi, if my income stops, and I have no money in my account, will 6 euro keep getting added to put me in debt every month, or will my account be closed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

yes,there charging you to have a account with them..................

bassy wrote: »
    yes,there charging you to have a account with them..................

So will they keep adding 6 euro of debt to my account every month, or will they close it when 6 euro isn't there ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Beirut wrote: »
    Hi, if my income stops, and I have no money in my account, will 6 euro keep getting added to put me in debt every month, or will my account be closed
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. A flat rate monthly fee of €6 euro is  automatically applied to all customers who have an account with Bank of Ireland regardless of the account balance.

We hope this helps to clarify things further for you.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Is this only for accounts that have not had any funds credited to them in x amount of months? Why is there such a fee each month? 

I am also getting deducted €6 every month and have been for the past 6 months. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Is this only for accounts that have not had any funds credited to them in x amount of months? Why is there such a fee each month? 

Hi sinjin_smythe,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

All personal currency account holders will be charged a flat fee of €6 for maintaining the account regardless of the balance. This also covers service/transaction fees. I'll attach a link below with more details in relation to the charges this €6 covers. 

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/personal-current-account/fees/

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

You get charged for Netflix too (along with pretty much everything else) each month whether you use it or not.

Hi sinjin_smythe,

All personal currency account holders will be charged a flat fee of €6 for maintaining the account regardless of the balance. This also covers service/transaction fees. I'll attach a link below with more details in relation to the charges this €6 covers. 

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/personal-current-account/fees/

Many thanks,
    Megan

In this case is it possible for me to cancel my current account and transfer funds from there to a savings account I already have setup (31-DAY NOTICE)? 

I dont use my current account so this is just a waste of money literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi sinjin_smythe,

Many thanks,
    Megan

In this case is it possible for me to cancel my current account and transfer funds from there to a savings account I already have setup (31-DAY NOTICE)? 

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Yes, you can certainly close your current account. I have attached a link here with more information on how you can do this. 

A lodgement to a 31 Day Notice Account would need to be made at a cash service branch. I have also attached a link here to a branch locator, this can be used to find a cash service branch most convenient to you. 

Thanks, Aisling

Hi sinjin_smythe,

Many thanks,
    Megan

Yes, you can certainly close your current account. I have attached a link here with more information on how you can do this. 

A lodgment to a 31 Day Notice Account would need to be made at a cash service branch. I have also attached a link here to a branch locator, this can be used to find a cash service branch most convenient to you. 

Thanks, Aisling
    Thanks Aisling, 

I don't have the convenience of visiting a branch in person (am based in the USA) so is there any online savings account that I can open online and transfer my funds to that? I'm assuming all savings accounts don't have the same maintenance fees applicable. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi sinjin_smythe,

Many thanks,
    Megan

A lodgment to a 31 Day Notice Account would need to be made at a cash service branch. I have also attached a link here to a branch locator, this can be used to find a cash service branch most convenient to you. 

Thanks, Aisling
    Thanks Aisling, 

I don't have the convenience of visiting a branch in person (am based in the USA) so is there any online savings account that I can open online and transfer my funds to that? I'm assuming all savings accounts don't have the same maintenance fees applicable. 
    Thanks for getting back to us here. 

I have attached a link here to more information on the type of Savings Accounts we offer and how you can apply for them. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Advertisement
Advertisement