Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Deskside trying to remember personal passwords :o i had been lazy and left them unchanged for over a year..

I can just about remember mine, if I changed any I'd be sunk :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Autosport wrote: »
    He’s in the band Urban Pup :D

Or Urban Puppy Collective (old reference is old)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Autosport wrote: »
    Here’s Alfie wearing his new bandanna :)

I’m couchside watching Heartbeat

Camo anything is always the best :D

Couchside after the even stretch watching The Outsider, I’m determined to finish this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Or Urban Puppy Collective (old reference is old)

I've got the key to that secret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Married at first sight Australia.:rolleyes: Mrs G bet into it with wine. Last ever episode apparently. I really don't care.:D I'm at the tech desk experimenting with a few beers. (that's experimenting with 4K video footage. I don't need to experiment with the beers.):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Married at first sight Australia.:rolleyes: Mrs G bet into it with wine. Last ever episode apparently. I really don't care.:D I'm at the tech desk experimenting with a few beers. (that's experimenting with 4K video footage. I don't need to experiment with the beers.):D

There's part two of the reunion yet to come :pac:

What else would I choose to do of a Friday night except varnish saddleboards , mad I am !!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    There's part two of the reunion yet to come :pac:

What else would I choose to do of a Friday night except varnish saddleboards , mad I am !!

Ay Jaysus, just heard that! She's now stuck into Drag something or other.:rolleyes: I'd rather watch saddleboard painting. Stream it live Mam.:D

Ay Jaysus, just heard that! She's now stuck into Drag something or other.:rolleyes: I'd rather watch saddleboard painting. Stream it live Mam.:D

Lol , I've the ID channel on now , one extreme to another , and varnishing finished for the night !
    Tell Mrs G I said to enjoy next episode of the reunion :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well, you could be watching the late late ;):rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol , I've the ID channel on now , one extreme to another , and varnishing finished for the night !
    Tell Mrs G I said to enjoy next episode of the reunion :pac:
    Well, you could be watching the late late ;):rolleyes:

I'm now watching "Ed Wood", a movie about a bad filmmaker, But he couldn't be that bad a filmmaker, if a movie was made about him by Tim Burton. But maybe he was so bad that he was good and worth the effort. Creativity can be such a bollox.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

That sounds like a good evening G :D

[edit] the beers and tech bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A nice relaxing night in front of the fire, watched a bit of the Late Late, ate nice food and a few beevies to wash it down, bed time shortly, hope all are well in Boards land, was off it for a while due to wi-fi problems

For those with BBC4 who like noir and stuff. Ok calling MO4 really

Man in Room 301
    9pm, BBC Four
    This dark Finnish thriller centres on a devastating family tragedy: in 2009, while the Kurtti family are holidaying in their summer cabin, their two-year-old son Tommi is killed by a gunshot. 12 years later, the family return to the scene of the crime for their summer break and grandfather Risto Kurtti (Antti Virmavirta) receives a mysterious, threatening letter that reawakens suspicions surrounding Tommi’s death. Meanwhile, local boy Elias Leppo begins to take an interest in the family, unnerving dad Mikko (Andrei Alén). Ammar Kalia

Woke at 4am after being shot in the stomach ( in my dream) I knew it was coming and tried to fight/run away, but still got shot :(
    Could not relax properly after it, no more sleep!!

Lovely morning out there, long walk today

Thinking of someone from a few years back.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    Woke at 4am after being shot in the stomach ( in my dream) I knew it was coming and tried to fight/run away, but still got shot :(

Those dreams can really stick with you the day after, hope you shake it quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just did yet another PCR test, off to Dubai on Monday, days off nearly over :(

smurfjed wrote: »
    Just did yet another PCR test, off to Dubai on Monday, days off nearly over :(

Ah hell that really went way too fast Smurfjed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Ah hell that really went way too fast Smurfjed :(

+1

Ask for a recount on grounds of suspected calender tampering :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just back from a childless wander around....sun is out so naturally the smell of barbies being fired up.....:D

• Advertisement

Two “hung over” days didn’t really help :):) but the root cause of these hang overs made them worthwhile.

Knee that it was going to kick off in Dublin today, so was watching all afternoon.... think I'd happily join the Gardai today to swing a baton and crack some skangers
    Other than that.. watching Wales v England and enjoying...

bubblypop wrote: »

:( How are you feeling now? Like Grem said those dreams can linger. I've had them too. I've been shot at and stabbed and also loads of dreams where I've tried to escape from such things happening to me.

I am bedside with cake and coffee.

Knee that it was going to kick off in Dublin today, so was watching all afternoon.... think I'd happily join the Gardai today to swing a baton and crack some skangers
    Other than that.. watching Wales v England and enjoying...

Very nice tipple you have there.

About to trundle for work..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hens had freshly cut grass to peck around, dust baths will soon follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It was a cracking out there today. Got a great walk in the woods and followed that with some decent scran.
    Lockdown is a lot easier when the weather is like this.

Very nice tipple you have there.

About to trundle for work..

Yep..I'm a better judge of whiskey than women :D:D

Time to get ready for work.....I
    No weird dreams tonight! :)

It was a cracking out there today. Got a great walk in the woods and followed that with some decent scran.
    Lockdown is a lot easier when the weather is like this.

Kids are going back to school ...it's our September in March :D

Kids are going back to school ...it's our September in March :D

It will be like independence day here. Cant wait for it. Will be so good for kids and paremental health.

• Advertisement

It will be like independence day here. Cant wait for it. Will be so good for kids and paremental health.

We've been counting down the sleeps.

I actually don't mind the lockdowns to be honest, but the last couple of weeks have been the hardest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I actually don't mind the lockdowns to be honest, but the last couple of weeks have been the hardest.
    Mine isn't back until after Easter.
    I don't know how we will manage until then.
    Online is a disaster for him.

To thine own self be true

The buses will be busier again. It'll be kinda nice to see a bit of life but a bit worrisome too.

Mine isn't back until after Easter.
    I don't know how we will manage until then.
    Online is a disaster for him.

I really feel for parents of teenagers and I feel for teenagers themselves.

I would have been happy enough if they only returned for a couple of days a week. They'll catch up on the academic stuff but they need their pals and to be away from their parents for a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I really feel for parents of teenagers and I feel for teenagers themselves.

I would have been happy enough if they only returned for a couple of days a week. They'll catch up on the academic stuff but they need their pals and to be away from their parents for a few hours.

I can't blame him, what teenager is self motivated to manage their own school work load?
    He says himself he wants to go back.

To thine own self be true

Lockdown is bearable when the weather is ok. But not in a cold wet winter. Roll on spring and the vaccines.
    Be great to get our lives back.

Hoping my health improves too, can't help but think my issues are exacerbated by the general stress hanging over us..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The buses will be busier again. It'll be kinda nice to see a bit of life but a bit worrisome too.

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel. This will end and as long as there aren't too many morons to ruin it for everyone it shouldn't be too much more of a ****show.

Aye let's hope that sort of behaviour doesn't surge with better weather etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal couchside, chilled with the telly on. Had a lovely meet up and walk in the park with a friend this afternoon. Was great to catch up as we hadn’t met in nearly a year. :)

OH was in to see his very elderly mother, now in her final days, in hospital. She was comfortable, fully conscious but is very weak and fatigued. It was really good that he was able to visit.

Evening all!

I've been at the tech desk for a lot of today working on issues that need resolving. Boring crap.:D The walk today for all three of us was turned into a mini hike as we went off the path and into the forest. Gonna do it again tomorrow and bring a decent camera for the craic. It was great!

No watching news today. What's the point? I really don't care what's going on. Just wanted a day away from all the sh1te and we got it. Ended up getting a few bags of chipper chips after the walk to bring home to go with a few slices of bread and butter. Easily pleased.:D

Having a sausage sandwich on white bread with a mug of tea before bed .
    I had to say white bread otherwise ye might have thought it was a euphemism for something else tbh :)

Nespresso time with the mutt, then off for a proper haircut.

Oh I would love a haircut..... And colour!!

Nearly home time, few days off now

Soon time to charge the clippers for mine now the stress of trimming herself's hair has faded :pac:

• Advertisement

In from out , having a coffee, it's a gorgeous morning out there!

Veg peeled and chopped for cooking later, bed with tea and hot water bottle now. Herself never stirred when I came in so just put the duvet back on her properly, let her sleep.

Grem , you're definitely one of the good ones , that was a lovely thing to do !
    Enjoy the tea and rest with the HWB :)
    The Casketeers on Netflix, I watched it last year , bit of a grim subject , funeral company, but there are lots of lol moments in it too if you have never watched it.

Haircut and a shave, absolute bliss.

In Facebook jail for another month...why do I bother :D
    Nice and sunny here for a change..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement