Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Heartbeat time again :) Hope everyone is having a fabulous Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

Couchside watching the Queen's Gambit. Must take up online chess again during the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Chilling at home after another very busy day.
    Had some chocolate covered oreos just there. Very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Chilling at home after another very busy day.
    Had some chocolate covered oreos just there. Very nice.

**Slides plate to Sam**

Another mad day at the coalface.

Stop the world & let me off.

How are we all here.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Cool side of cold here

Now eating chocolate bought earlier :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tough kinda day but didn't give in to the pressure to work which turns out is just as well.. Feels a little colder again tonight

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    **Slides plate to Sam**

Another mad day at the coalface.

Stop the world & let me off.

How are we all here.

Slides plate back with 2 chocolate covered oreos. You can share with Seph if you like :)

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Slides plate back with 2 chocolate covered oreos. You can share with Seph if you like :)

**whispers**
    Would you like a oreo Seph.

No answer from him. His loss.

**whispers**
    Would you like a oreo Seph.

No answer from him. His loss.

I'll take it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,956 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oreos are horrid !

Did ye see the pic of the "Irish Oreo" ?
    Rich Tea biscuits with butter !
    Brilliant :D

Em , home , feels frosty out there tonight .

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be a big fan of oreos, but Ted never says no to food.

Getting chilly here too.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Oreos are horrid !

Did ye see the pic of the "Irish Oreo" ?
    Rich Tea biscuits with butter !
    Brilliant :D

Em , home , feels frosty out there tonight .

:D:D Love it. I'd have a bit of strawberry jam with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Tough kinda day but didn't give in to the pressure to work which turns out is just as well.. Feels a little colder again tonight

Defo colder out there tonight. Gave the heating an extra hour. The thoughts of ice cold nights and the cost of it!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Jaysus:eek: Who mentioned Oreos???? Rank biccies! Mam was right. Rich Tea with butter. Feck that American crap!

I have made a deal and traded whatever decency I had left (not much tbh) , to let ye know I don't mind being referred to as " It" .
    (All shall be revealed in good time and some of ye will thank me for it !)

:p

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Jaysus:eek: Who mentioned Oreos???? Rank biccies! Mam was right. Rich Tea with butter. Feck that American crap!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Glad no one likes them, all the more for me then!

I have made a deal and traded whatever decency I had left (not much tbh) , to let ye know I don't mind being referred to as " It" .

:confused: What could this mean? I don't want to refer to you as 'it'. I like calling you mam. It's very comforting.

:confused: What could this mean? I don't want to refer to you as 'it'. I like calling you mam. It's very comforting.

Mam was scoffing the 'special' biscuits again.

Lol you don't have to , once I said it on thread I've upheld my side of the deal !
    I never back away from a challenge !

All shall be revealed in good time :pac:

• Advertisement

Mam was scoffing the 'special' biscuits again.

Yep , I'd tried an Oreo and they tasted like ..it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Oreos - gross
    RT with butter! - YES!!!

Couchside fixing my friends computer.... he's in America... don't ya hate technology?? No escaping! :D

Went out for a walk after the dinner, frosty out there, but nice for the walks :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cousin it hairsaster style?

Cousin it hairsaster style?

Lol , that'd be hilarious !

Lol , that'd be hilarious !

Wherever my mind may roam :p

Wherever my mind may roam :p

My hair is about an inch and a half long , so unless someone makes a hairy hooded onesie.. that sounds very wrong but feck it !!

• Advertisement

My hair is currently longer but that will be rectified 'short'ly bwaa hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭thomil

All this talk about oreos or rich tea bisquits. Both of them have no place outside of some emergency ration pack as far as I'm concerned ;)

Stroopwafels are where it's at, so I'm helping myself to one of those and some tea

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Hob nobs, plain or chocolate, game over..

If I'm totally honest ...

I don't really like biscuits.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Nor do I so you are not alone.

• Advertisement

Nor do I so you are not alone.

Solidarity!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Get out! :eek:

I'm intrigued by the stroopwaffel though so I'll slide the obligatory plate to thomil.

Nowt wrong with that, I'm one of those phase people.. Chocolate for a while, crisps, nuts etc in random chaotic sequences, you'll get not a jot of judgement here, just big eyes for leftovers :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Settling in for a night of US election watching...it could be a long one!

Settling in for a night of US election watching...it could be a long one!

Same! Plan to sleep for a couple of hours then get up for a couple of hours then some more sleep then up.

Probably just end up sleeping, full stop! :D

I can’t wait for it all to be over, sick of looking at Trump V Biden.

Now pass the biscuits :D. Keep that Oreo muck though ;)
    I’d love a custard cream :D

Ah Mam I thought of you earlier there was a tv ad and one of the people in it was Mother of 4 :D Put a smile on my face :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Same! Plan to sleep for a couple of hours then get up for a couple of hours then some more sleep then up.

Probably just end up sleeping, full stop! :D

I remember the last one I was round at Mr Sardi's and at 5am we were both woken by our phones beeping with the news alert of the result. I checked my phone and said "it's the end of the world " Hopefully better news tomorrow

I'm intrigued by the stroopwaffel though so I'll slide the obligatory plate to thomil.

/Slides plate with a generous helping of stroopwafels back.

Put them over a mug of tea or coffee for a minute in order to melt the caramel inside. You can thank me later ;)

531663.jpg

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I remember the last one I was round at Mr Sardi's and at 5am we were both woken by our phones beeping with the news alert of the result. I checked my phone and said "it's the end of the world " Hopefully better news tomorrow

Fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed!!!!

thomil wrote: »

Put them over a mug of tea or coffee for a minute in order to melt the caramel inside. You can thank me later ;)

531663.jpg

The Dutch love them, not bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

531663.jpg

I really need to try these. Has anyone any idea where I might buy some?

I really need to try these. Has anyone any idea where I might buy some?

Aldi have them sometimes.

Autosport wrote: »
    The Dutch love them, not bad :)

The best ones I ever had came from a street vendor in Rotterdam, straight from the oven. Simply amazing.

Between that and their ontbijtkoek, a honey and ginger breakfast cake/loaf, they sure know their sweet stuff!

I use the "caramel waffles" from Lidl. They're the next best thing to flying to Amsterdam in my experience.

The best ones I ever had came from a street vendor in Rotterdam, straight from the oven. Simply amazing.

Between that and their ontbijtkoek, a honey and ginger breakfast cake/loaf, they sure know their sweet stuff!

I use the "caramel waffles" from Lidl. They're the next best thing to flying to Amsterdam in my experience.

Have you tried the chocolate sprinkles/sugar on your toast ? I couldn’t bring myself to eat it :D

531663.jpg

This is a lifehack not to be ignored

Aw thanks Auto , what ad was it ?

Another here keeping up with the election news , think son will be truly happy for once if Trump loses .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

These are going on the shopping list tomorrow. Are they called "caramel waffles" in Lidl?

I think the first place I'll go and visit when I'm 'free' is Amsterdam. I think I might even go alone. Stroopwaffles and herbal remedies and wandering around with nowhere in particular to go completely alone (I can't remember what that was like). Heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

531663.jpg

That is a very lovely cup.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    These are going on the shopping list tomorrow. Are they called "caramel waffles" in Lidl?

I think the first place I'll go and visit when I'm 'free' is Amsterdam. I think I might even go alone. Stroopwaffles and herbal remedies and wandering around with nowhere in particular to go completely alone (I can't remember what that was like). Heaven.

I'm more of a Rotterdam guy. Not quite as touristy, plus there's the MS Rotterdam to stay on, a former ocean liner.

As for Lidl, just look for the package below. Mug for scale ;)

531665.jpg

• Advertisement

Aw thanks Auto , what ad was it ?

Another here keeping up with the election news , think son will be truly happy for once if Trump loses .

It was for a Fan that helps you sleep and helps with your allergies :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement