Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important safety question

Options
  • 10-11-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭

Scenario: You are home alone. You wish to put a duvet cover on a duvet. The corner gets twisted and you have to climb into the duvet cover to untwist it.

What is your reaction?

What is your reaction? 6 votes

What? Climb in? You could die!
    0% 0 votes
    Climb in, but feel a bit uncomfortable.
    83% 5 votes
    Just climb in and fix it.
    16% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Victor wrote: »
    Scenario: You are home alone. You wish to put a duvet cover on a duvet. The corner gets twisted and you have to climb into the duvet cover to untwist it.

What is your reaction?

Set it on fire or jump out the window will screaming hippie kye yay mother duckers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

in my long history of putting on duvet covers I don't think I've even encountered that scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Just shake it out for God’s sake. Not rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Stop being a bitch and start being a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

urine-stained-duvet-second.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

What i do is grab the duvet at a corner and then put it inside of the cover corner and do the same with the other then pinch both sides, give it a quick shake and the cover is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

urine-stained-duvet-second.jpg

I can see the Virgin Mary holding the baby Jesus in that duvet. I’d hold on to that if I were you, display it in public even, might fetch a few quid to have people gaze upon your urine Shrine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

What is your reaction?

Are you one of the Borrowers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Why would I have to climb in?

What's wrong with just sticking an arm in?

Are you teeny tiny?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

wexie wrote: »
    Why would I have to climb in?

What's wrong with just sticking an arm in?

Are you teeny tiny?

No, but he could be one of those..

What do you call them????....

Morons! :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Just put your hand in and fix it

Just burn it and get another one!

* there is no letter m in that sentence :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Can I phone a friend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Your mammy ruined you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I can see the Virgin Mary holding the baby Jesus in that duvet. I’d hold on to that if I were you, display it in public even, might fetch a few quid to have people gaze upon your urine Shrine :pac:

There haven't been many virgins under that duvet in a long long time by the looks of it.

I would activate the distress signal on my satellite watch thingy, then I'd have a cry.

One corner to top corner of duvet cover, other corner to opposite corner, stand on bed and shake, shake, shake...shake, shake, shake....shake your duvet.

Taller people may not need to stand on bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Candie wrote: »
    I would activate the distress signal on my satellite watch thingy, then I'd have a cry.

One corner to top corner of duvet cover, other corner to opposite corner, stand on bed and shake, shake, shake...shake, shake, shake....shake your duvet.

Taller people may not need to stand on bed.

This is my method exactly :) Being very short, if I climbed into the king-size duvet cover a search party would be needed. Not worth the risk!

I feel your pain. Sub 5 footer here. A lot of chores involve standing on things. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I go into heavy training for 6 months (gym, roadwork, weights, stretching) whenever the wife says the duvet cover needs changing.

I feel your pain. Sub 5 footer here. A lot of chores involve standing on things. :P

Yeah but on the bright side you can probably save a small fortune shopping in the kids section

• Advertisement

Yeah but on the bright side you can probably save a small fortune shopping in the kids section

And that is how I have Wonder Woman pjs!

And that is how I have Wonder Woman pjs!

Should consider yourself lucky, I'm 6'5 and have never been able to find a onesie to fit me.

(What? I like being warm and comfy, f off :( )

But, I can do a whole shop on my own without asking strangers for help.

Swings and roundabouts

Should consider yourself lucky, I'm 6'5 and have never been able to find a onesie to fit me.

It's a terrible thing to be too big for onesies, and I'm sorry for your troubles. I've had a few, my favourite was a Shrek one because I'm an ogre at heart.

I was also given bunny rabbit onesie as a joke Christmas present, but I loved it and wore it all that winter. It even had snap-on footsies. A footsie-onesie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I think that's more of a one and a halfsie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What is your reaction?

I'd think "I'm obviously too daffy-duck to use duvets" and go out and buy some blankets.

To be honest I think a more pressing question about duvet covers is what quirk of physics dictates that every other item of laundry in with them has to end up inside the duvet cover....

Advertisement