Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Frida

• 14-10-2016 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Well now,
    Another Friday is here and I see a depressing lack of activity in AH. Apart of that Trump/Hillary political steaming horse manure.

Ah, go on, After Hours, give me your best. What are you up to, who are you going to sleep with, what you're drinking/smoking/sniffing tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

zSparc wrote: »
    Well now,
    Another Friday is here and I see a depressing lack of activity in AH. Apart of that Trump/Hillary political steaming horse manure.

Ah, go on, After Hours, give me your best. What are you up to, who are you going to sleep with, what you're drinking/smoking/sniffing tonight?

Surely that's the uplifting thing. There's no activity in AH because they're all off drinking/smoking/sniffing each other

Is this an ABBA thread?

I thought this was going to be a thread about Frida Kahlo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ah Frida, I knew her, Horatio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Well now,

What about yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just opened a bottle of wine and I'm going to sit here and drink it til it's gone with some Pringles for company.

Thought I'd be edified by news of another Mexican artist with a monobrow.

Threads are letting me down left, right, and center today. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

I'm rather drunk, which is unusual. The moon looks lovely tonight, almost full. I thought this would be about the lovely unusual Frida too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I came here for art. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I'm working later on tonight and I'm fierce bored. I do most of my work from home so it's not like I can go in early or something. I tried to initiate a few Whatsapp conversations a little earlier this evening, just for something to do, but they were having none of it. You'd think a video of a Middle Eastern man f*cking the front bumper of a car would be a conversation starter but it isn't. I guess there's not much to say after you've seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Where is Frada?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭zSparc

fussyonion wrote: »
    Just opened a bottle of wine and I'm going to sit here and drink it til it's gone with some Pringles for company.
    Ah I would invite you out for a few but it's too easy prey...

I'm rather drunk, which is unusual.
    Of course. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Candie wrote: »
    Thought I'd be edified by news of another Mexican artist with a monobrow.

Threads are letting me down left, right, and center today. :(

I actually thought to myself why is there a thread about Frida Kahlo in AH?

Oh well...

Of course. :rolleyes:

No, seriously, I VERY very rarely get drunk. It's quite an awesome experience....a much under rated drug...
    i can tell from the amount of time i have had to press the back space bar here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

This was released recently I think, nice.

https://www.sfmoma.org/watch/at-the-blue-house-with-frida-and-diego/

I just watched Spaceballs with the family, and I'm going to have a Baileys and browse the internet maybe with the Late Late in the background. That's what being old and boring does to you. I like it actually.

I'll probably keep an eye on boards too, haven't looked at here in ages. Looks quiet alright.

That's what being old and boring does to you..
    In all fairness I am old, fat, bald and boring and the older I am the more I wanna do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I'm still pining after Thursda.....

In all fairness I am old, fat, bald and boring and the older I am the more I wanna do!

You are pure consciousness my friend.

• Advertisement

Mid life crisis ? :D

Haven't got there yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Winterlong wrote: »
    Where is Frada?

I was wondering the same thing. Turns out he discovered Christ and has joined a monastery somewhere in Southern Italy.

Mid life crisis ? :D

Haven't got there yet.
    When you will let's hope you can afford a red BMW cabrio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Frida Felcher?

I remember the time she sent me a John Deere letter. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

frag420 wrote: »
    I'm still pining after Thursda.....

She did great landscapes alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just ordered a pizza. Planning first weekend of nothing in ages and going to enjoy it alone except for the dog whose bed I have just dragged into my room. Kicking myself for finishing Narcos last night. Anything on Showbox worth binge watching? Have done all the usuals. Something foreign and crimey?

Collie D wrote: »
    Just ordered a pizza.
    Here is the man.

When you will let's hope you can afford a red BMW cabrio...

I'll just rent whatever's available for the Route 66 jaunt. Thelma and Louise style.

Starting to get the vibe now, yeah. Think I might just stir for that. At some stage.

Collie D wrote: »
    Just ordered a pizza. Planning first weekend of nothing in ages and going to enjoy it alone except for the dog whose bed I have just dragged into my room. Kicking myself for finishing Narcos last night. Anything on Showbox worth binge watching? Have done all the usuals. Something foreign and crimey?

Trapped. It's a crime drama set in a teeny Icelandic village. It's very good. Or good old Wallander, the Swedish version.

• Advertisement

How about we all meet in Voodoo Lounge and get trashed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I thought this was going to be a thread about Frida Kahlo :(

Am I alone in thinking Frida Kahlo's paintings are a bit shíte? They look like a cross between medieval stick figures and realism.

On topic, having a few beers and heading over to a friends for some pictionary, and maybe a game of risk. If there's anything to be smoked or sniffed I'll not say no, but no plans as of yet.

How about we all meet in Voodoo Lounge and get trashed?

Oh no. I'm happy-ish in bed. Although I would like the sweet caress of a can of coke or the filling comfort of a pepperoni pizza.

sweet caress
    That's all I can provide you with, my friend.

That's all I can provide you with, my friend.

Ah thanks :p

Jaysus there is some hoppin' and boppin' going on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

My Polish neighbour gave me a Polish beer he brought back from Poland, and I'm drinking it.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    My Polish neighbour gave me a Polish beer he brought back from Poland, and I'm drinking it.
    Oh the coincidence. What's the name of it?

Perla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

I'll just rent whatever's available for the Route 66 jaunt. Thelma and Louise style.

Starting to get the vibe now, yeah. Think I might just stir for that. At some stage.

Maynooth via Leixlip?

Perla.

Tell your friend to go **** himself for bringing you that sh*te.

TPD wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking Frida Kahlo's paintings are a bit shíte? They look like a cross between medieval stick figures and realism.

On topic, having a few beers and heading over to a friends for some pictionary, and maybe a game of risk. If there's anything to be smoked or sniffed I'll not say no, but no plans as of yet.

I agree. It's her I'm fascinated with. She was a very interesting woman I think. Her letters and poems are very beautiful. Let me see if a link will work.

• Advertisement

Who the hell mentioned Pringles ? Now I'm gonna want Pringles. Like, I want them already, but I'll want them more after the drinks.

Going to have to make do with sweet microwave popcorn with salt and butter. Try it, it's nice.

For the disappointed Frida lovers :)

Tell your friend to go **** himself for bringing you that sh*te.

He brought it for himself and then I did him a favour so he gave me a couple of beers. The other was Okocim and it was better alright, this one is nothing special.

I agree. It's her I'm fascinated with. She was a very interesting woman I think. Her letters and poems are very beautiful. Let me see if a link will work.

In the video I linked to above, I can't help but feel a bit of uneasiness about her. Hard to put a finger on it, her words are touching and sincere, but it's like the body language is nearly ... sort of incestuous while it obviously isn't.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Where's Frida?

Here she is!:pac:

He brought it for himself and then I did him a favour so he gave me a couple of beers. The other was Okocim and it was better alright, this one is nothing special.
    Warka Strong is the way to go. Or Zywiec, but only the dark ones above 8%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Heard a good one today. Ye wouldn't like it though twas more of a Monday joke.

Heard a good one today. Ye wouldn't like it though twas more of a Monday joke.

Carry on son, it's s shi*e thread may as well take shi**y jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

zSparc wrote:
    Carry on son, it's s shi*e thread may as well take shi**y jokes.

Dad?

Well it wasn't a joke per se, more like an observation I hadn't heard in all my 43 years.

"My days were numbered the day i was born" says a shopkeeper to me on me buying a packet of cigarettes. The chap made my day. I smoked them 5 at a time.

In the video I linked to above, I can't help but feel a bit of uneasiness about her. Hard to put a finger on it, her words are touching and sincere, but it's like the body language is nearly ... sort of incestuous while it obviously isn't.

I didn't see her body language as being incestuous but I get what you mean about the uneasiness. She was a woman I think who struggled with who she was, as if she never really knew. Perhaps the unease you sensed was her own confusion about how to be. The body language of someone who was unsure about her place in the world and in Diego's life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement