Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Clowning' around.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

I'm terrible, I know it. If someone jumped out at me as a clown, I would pee myself and probably hit them a thump, or push them back into the bush they jumped out of. But if I saw it happen to someone else, I would absolutely burst a blood vessel laughing. I don't feel proud of myself, but I wouldn't have a very mature/fine tuned sense of humour.

I do think scaring kids and turning up at schools is completely wrong. And wouldn't find that funny at all. I was always afraid of something coming out of the shadows at me as a kid, I'd say most kids are. So I do have some comedy standards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Apparently the Plod have declared it a civil matter and said that they won't be investigating. Seems odd to me - I'd have thought frightening the living lard out of people at a school with what appear to be a pair of convincing chainsaws would be some sort of offence, particularly with all these nutters in the US attacking schools in recent years. The Independent has it here:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/creepy-clowns-armed-with-chainsaws-enter-dublin-city-school-35116498.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

seamus wrote: »
    The US cops seem to be giving them the benefit of the doubt for the moment that they're not carrying real machetes, but more than one US cop has been interviewed by local news and warned the guys dressing up that any member of the public who feels threatened may be legally justified if they shoot a clown, regardless of whether they're holding a real knife.

Does this work for the scary lasses in the local night club who also have silly shoes, colourful clothes and half a tin of paint on their faces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

have they been given their own toilets in the schools yet? there not real to me unless this happens.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Apparently the Plod have declared it a civil matter and said that they won't be investigating. Seems odd to me - I'd have thought frightening the living lard out of people at a school with what appear to be a pair of convincing chainsaws would be some sort of offence, particularly with all these nutters in the US attacking schools in recent years. The Independent has it here:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/creepy-clowns-armed-with-chainsaws-enter-dublin-city-school-35116498.html

not really, its not the same as robbing a posty with a set of replicas. they didn't damage, steel or attack anyone or anything so that shows you how feckin stupid it all is.. again though, black rock... little johnny just soiled his peddle pushers, wont someone think of the children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

maybe its just a lot of scared black people whitening up so they don't get shot by the police, in America at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭OU812

#clownlivesmatter is a thing...

https://twitter.com/hashtag/clownlivesmatter

They're planning a protest march as well on 15th October in Tucson. Although if they're eating those huge shoes, it'll take AGES. Don't know why they don't have a protest drive... those cars they have hold dozen of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

I was at a car boot sale on Sunday and their was one guy there wearing clown suits ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Nothing beats a good Moral Panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

some young lad arrested in wales over this fade
    School staff were so concerned they issued a warning to parents via a messaging app.

Jones was arrested for breaching public order at St Cenydd Comprehensive School in Caerphilly, South Wales - and fined £90 for his menacing prank.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jobless-teen-first-person-fined-9023168

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I watched a video where one was on the street corner and frightened this man and he went ballistic. The clown is trying to say calm down thought it was funny didn't mean any harm, and the guy was saying, well, you think it's funny? Would you think it's funny if I pulled out a knife and scared you with it?
    Then he knocked him out.

Well deserved. Little to be doing, going around scaring people like that.
    Didn't a clown murder two kids recently in the UK too? No joke, I wouldn't find that a bit funny. Id be so angry.

That video was more than likely staged. Saw it myself this evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Wasn't one of these aressted in the US recently using a real butchers knife to follow and scare people? Now that's what's gonna have people on edge

Following someone with a real knife and cries of "it was just a prank bro" while getting clobbered

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I read reports yesterday that a woman in the UK went into premature labour after encountering one of these bastards.

I saw there today also in the UK that a clown was badly beaten after creeping up on a man in a parking garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

That video was more than likely staged. Saw it myself this evening!

Definitely staged, camera was miles away yet the sound was perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Wasn't one of these aressted in the US recently using a real butchers knife to follow and scare people? Now that's what's gonna have people on edge

Following someone with a real knife and cries of "it was just a prank bro" while getting clobbered

There will be a horror movie made on this. A prankster clown no one takes seriously who goes on a murderous rampage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Two clowns were beaten to death in Mexico last week.

http://www.posta.com.mx/edomex/matan-dos-payasos-que-asustaban-mujeres-y-ninos-en-ecatepec

EDIT: Apparently it's a hoax. The picture is real but it shows two clowns murdered in a robbery in Guatemala last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

As with any of these crazes it will fizzle out after a while, but having said that some idiot will get the s**t kicked out of him for crossing the wrong person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

or how about the genuine clowns going to a children's party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

fryup wrote: »

Alright, this is fuccking stupid.

And I don't mean the people dressing up as clowns, I mean the absolute hysteria surrounding this. It's people dressing up and acting the tool, get the fucck over it and deal with a real problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The clowns are on the move. In a manner of speaking:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement