Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call waiting on Gigabit router

Options
  • 18-01-2019 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Since moving to the Vodafone Gigabit router I have partial call waiting on my Phone. Partial in that, if I am on a call and a second person calls me, I get two pips and they get a ringing tone when they should get a busy tone.
    I have advised Vodafone several times of this problem and, that I do not want or need call waiting but, they tell me it is a problem with my handset and I should purchase a new one .
    Myself I think it is a modem problem

Can any body say if Voda are correct.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

If your handset is an analogue phone, then it most certainly isn't your handset. I can't.

It's either a feature in the router or something on Vodafones side.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Going on this thread VF staff may not know how to provision the new gear.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057941119/2

OP has posted more there.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Has anybody managed to turn off the call waiting on the Gigabox?
    I have spent endless time talking to customer support and tech support. Some folk don’t know what call Waiting is, while some say it is not activated in the first place. Regardless, I cannot deactivate it.
    Has anyone cracked the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BHG

I have been trying to solve this since about 4pm Wednesday.
    The tech support have no clue. I have call waiting and I need to be able to deactivate it. If I get a solution I will post it here.

interestingly the Gigabox has a feature in expert mode to set up a ringing schedule so the phone does NOT ring at set times. The feature works to stop your phone ringing. But it FAILS to stop call waiting interrupting your existing live call.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BHG

this is what i got today

• Advertisement
Advertisement