Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNN Reporter "assaults" White House intern

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

How is this even a story?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

So you think they are lying about the reason too?

About in the same manner as if you rang me to go for a beer but I told you I was washing my hair. Acosta knows why he's banned, he pushed his theatrics too far, he's not an idiot. The administration saw his "push" on the girl as a front to ban him and likely wanted him gone for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What will things be like in five years time. Well if DT is still Prez I mean?

AI robots will be allowed in the press corps only. And a caricature of DT also, which might be an improvement!

There is lots to be fearful of in this tech age. Take note. I suppose you all think I am mad, but watch DT just the same. Would suit him to be an AI version of himself along with the media. He will just feck off to Florida and say nothing.

What will things be like in five years time. Well if DT is still Prez I mean?

AI robots will be allowed in the press corps only. And a caricature of DT also, which might be an improvement!

It will be the exact same, plus or minus Jim Acosta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

I think you need to go to Specsavers if you call that assault.

What did make me laugh though was the bollocking that Trump gave the CNN reporter. it sounded like something a five year old would say.

Yo wah vewey vewey vewey booold man and yo not coming to my house wenny mo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Fake news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFPpM6p3D4

I’m no fan of CNN but did everyone is talking about this incident last night.

Imagine the uproar if trump assaulted the journalist like this.

I’d say that intern could be up for serious assault charges out of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

He clearly touches her with the hand with which he is holding the microphone. Thats sexual assault right there. Clearly a man taking advantage of her lowly position as an intern. Then, when he doesnt get what he wants, he violently chops down on her arm, in anger. Trump jumps to her defense. What a great President. And gentleman.
    I dont think there is any other way to view it. Its right there, caught on video. The guy should have his pass revoked.

He clearly touches her with the hand with which he is holding the microphone. Thats sexual assault right there. Clearly taking advantage of her lowly position as an intern. Then, when he doesnt get what he wants, he violently chops down on her arm, in anger. Trump jumps to her defense.
    I dont thing there is any other way to view it. Its right there, caught on video. The guy should have his pass revoked.

Wow. Very much a unique view there man.

Everyone I spoke to earlier said she assaulted him. I spoke to a legal expert earlier they said she’s in serious trouble if the fbi take an interest -which they likely will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Because the President of America, through his spokesperson is banning the media who ask questions and then lying to the world about it.

It’s the thin end of the wedge of the stuff we see in true dictatorships like Saudi Arabia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Looked like he murdered her.

Have they found a body?

Everyone I spoke to earlier said she assaulted him.

Get out of your echo chamber then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

megaten wrote: »
    How do you expect reporters to act?

To shut up, not ask follow up questions when someone tries to avoid their initial one, and to write what The Leader tells them to write?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This is such a huge story, I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about it before this...…..oh wait.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Acosta's access wasn't suspended for brushing that girls arm, his access was removed because he has a long history of acting like an absolute Muppet. The guy isn't a journalist, he's a political activist and loves the attention.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060359667635806208

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060362771894693888

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060351281691119618

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060351509580283905

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060355101578027008

Wow what a rude,ignorant and vile man. Fair play to The Donald for banning such an idiot.

Get out of your echo chamber then.

Maga fiends like my uncle even said it!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

Am I missing something here? Either of them (the intern in maroon & the CNN reporter) barely touch each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

DT loves the fight between CNN and Fox. Then he steps away.

Because the President of America, through his spokesperson is banning the media who ask questions and then lying to the world about it.

It’s the thin end of the wedge of the stuff we see in true dictatorships like Saudi Arabia.

Fair bit of a stretch between Trump having a barney with a journalist and America turning into a sadistic Islamic state now.

This is what is going to be like for the next two years isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

This is what is going to be like for the next two years isnt it?

Six ;)

Buckle up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

And of course you posted the slowed down and edited version put out there by Infowars.

Here's the actual real, undoctored footage.

Trump's influence is obvious. As soon as the journalist touches her, she gets down on her knees in front of him.

Doesn't look like he Acosta'd her at all in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Not a trump fan but the way the reporter conducted himself was horrible.
    Liberals will shout and scream for everyone’s rights except the rights of those they don’t like.

What rights were denied in this video? The undoctored one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

CFlat wrote: »
    I think you need to go to Specsavers if you call that assault.

What did make me laugh though was the bollocking that Trump gave the CNN reporter. it sounded like something a five year old would say.

Yo wah vewey vewey vewey booold man and yo not coming to my house wenny mo.

Where the feck have you been for the last few years?
    Trump has all the vocabulary of a kid.

We thought GW Bush was bad but he takes it to a whole new level.
    It really beggars believe what the US education system is like.

I do suppose he does give credence to the line about the American dream and how anyone can succeed.
    In his case it doesn't matter how thick and limited they are, they can even land the highest job in the land.

I don't think it is that bad, but it is really sad to see what is becoming of America.

So much for questioning, so much for bipartisanship.
    So much for a tradition of good investigative journalism.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

About in the same manner as if you rang me to go for a beer but I told you I was washing my hair. Acosta knows why he's banned, he pushed his theatrics too far, he's not an idiot. The administration saw his "push" on the girl as a front to ban him and likely wanted him gone for a long time.

So you're fully ok with them lying about the reason he is banned and falsely accusing him of assault because he is a pain in Trump's ass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

jmayo wrote: »
    Where the feck have you been for the last few years?
    Trump has all the vocabulary of a kid.

We thought GW Bush was bad but he takes it to a whole new level.
    It really beggars believe what the US education system is like.

I've sen a lot of people who say he's changed a lot in the last 10 years. His vocabulary is getting more limited and he's getting far less articulate. Some think this could be as a result of the early stages of dementia.

Zorya wrote: »
    Six ;)

Buckle up.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭trashcan

Grayson wrote: »
    I've sen a lot of people who say he's changed a lot in the last 10 years. His vocabulary is getting more limited and he's getting far less articulate. Some think this could be as a result of the early stages of dementia.

You mean he could get worse :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

jmayo wrote: »
    I do suppose he does give credence to the line about the American dream and how anyone can succeed.
    In his case it doesn't matter how thick and limited they are, they can even land the highest job in the land.

Inheriting a couple hundred million does help of course....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

ricero wrote: »
    Wow what a rude,ignorant and vile man. Fair play to The Donald for banning such an idiot.

You must hold Trump in incredibly low regard if you classify Acosta as 'a rude, ignorant and vile man'... :rolleyes:

So you're fully ok with them lying about the reason he is banned and falsely accusing him of assault because he is a pain in Trump's ass?

I'm about OK with Acosta getting suspended as you are with Acosta shouting things about Otto Warmbier during the signing of the US + NK agreement when the two countries are trying to broker a peace deal. He should have been disciplined earlier, he was warned multiple times and his stunt yesterday was the straw that broke the camel back. The fact they used his confrontation with the girl to do it is meaningless. That's how things operate in any work place, you get a warning and if the behavior repeats you get suspended. Acosta was previous told by sanders during a bill signing they'd be no open press questions but they're allowed to view it. What did little Jimmy do? He started shouting questions at Trump during the signing, he was the only one.

Let me ask you a question for a change, why is Acosta THE ONLY ONE out of probably 100 journalists with access who gets into these type of scenarios? Is it because he's seeking some sort of shining beacon of truth or is it because he's behaving like an activist and trying to draw as much attention to himself as possible. When you figure it out let me know.

He's the most prominent person to end up in those positions but he's not the only one.... Trump doesn't go a day without mocking or attacking a member of the press corp.

batgoat wrote: »
    He's the most prominent person to end up in those positions but he's not the only one.... Trump doesn't go a day without mocking or attacking a member of the press corp.

It's only him who gathers this type of attention, there's literally nobody else in the press pool that behaves in the manner he does.

Meet the real Jim Acosta, after shouting questions at Trump and Kim from far away which he knows can't be answered, he lets it slip on a hot mic that he knows he's acting inappropriately and that he might not be allowed into the actual signing as a result. It's a show, and you're his willing audience.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060351509580283905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1060351509580283905&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2057927234%26page%3D9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

It's odd how some people think "that CNN reporter is a jerk" is the real story and not the white house putting out a lie contradicted by video evidence.

Acosta's access wasn't suspended for brushing that girls arm,

Wrong!

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060333176252448768

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭AllForIt

That woman was so so rude grabbing the mic off him like that. One passes the mic over you don't grab it off them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,918 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This was not an assault.

And that is a total lie by the Press Secretary.

The debasement of a once great office is almost complete.

Trumptards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Jim Acosta has turned full cray-cray since Trump was elected. He is unhinged, with mental health issues

Trumptards.

How's WW3 with NK getting along, one of your many outstanding predictions?

Sorry to interrupt your scheduled broadcasting watch. I'll let you get back to it.

76m0UIJ.png

He is unhinged, with mental health issues

I don't think he does, he's smart and knows exactly what he's doing. "Le Resistance" eat it up like useful idiots. Good for CNN's viewership and good for his own ego.

How's WW3 with NK getting along, one of your many outstanding predictions?

Sorry to interrupt your scheduled broadcasting watch.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-memegeneraterne-8020592.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Look at all the lefty SJW in uproar hahahahahahaha

When you start threads about Russian hackers infiltrating boards.ie or the North Korea thread where you alluded doomsday was among us because WW3 was about to break out between Trump and NK the ring of irony in my mind goes off very loud when you decide to call people "Trumptards".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-memegeneraterne-8020592.png

Its the latest thing among hardcore Trumpers; they pretend that everyone who criticizes the Orange One is actually a background character in a game who just repeats a few stock phrases over and over again.

The irony of trying to accuse other people of a lack of originality or independent thought by endlessly parroting something they heard about on reddit/4chan appears to have completely escaped them.

When you start threads about Russian hackers infiltrating boards.ie

Eh, you do know what sarcasm is, right?
    or the North Korea thread where you alluded doomsday was among us because WW3 was about to break out between Trump and NK the ring of irony in my mind goes off very loud when you decide to call people "Trumptards".

Quotes or GTFO.

:rolleyes:

Never mind, let's not derail the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You must hold Trump in incredibly low regard if you classify Acosta as 'a rude, ignorant and vile man'... :rolleyes:

Of course not, that loyal subject will never question Dear Leader no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

B0jangles wrote: »
    Its the latest thing among hardcore Trumpers; they pretend that everyone who criticizes the Orange One is actually a background character in a game who just repeats a few stock phrases over and over again.

The irony of trying to accuse other people of a lack of originality or independent thought by endlessly parroting something they heard about on reddit/4chan appears to have completely escaped them.

And calling people Trumpers, Trumptards and calling Trump the Orange One.

Is the other side of reddit/twitter who lack the irony or independent thought.

And calling people Trumpers, Trumptards and calling Trump the Orange One.

Is the other side of reddit/twitter who lack the irony or independent thought.

I actually have huge issues with anyone attaching "tard" to any word. It's a term that I'd prefer dropped out of use.

In relation to "Trumpers", not remotely similar or of note. "The Orange one", it's a pretty fair descriptor of his overuse of fake tan... I think most with any decency would have a problem with the "Trumptard" term but not so much the others. There's also plenty of completely legitimate criticisms coming out in relation to the administration including this incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

But if people called Obama the black one the world would implode.

tretorn wrote: »
    But if people called Obama the black one the world would implode.

Pretty sure Trump's fake tan doesn't relate to race in the slightest... You realise this, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I actually have huge issues with anyone attaching "tard" to any word. It's a term that I'd prefer dropped out of use.

In relation to "Trumpers", not remotely similar or of note. "The Orange one", it's a pretty fair descriptor of his overuse of fake tan... I think most with any decency would have a problem with the "Trumptard" term but not so much the others. There's also plenty of completely legitimate criticisms coming out in relation to the administration including this incident.

Your huge issue with the word is because of your self righteous and self appointment champion of minorities that your blinded to your bigotry of the majority.

• Advertisement
Advertisement