Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closure of Gamesmaster Magazine

Options
  • 20-10-2018 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Saw this announced earlier... Sad day I think for printed gaming magazines but obviously can't compete in the Internet age. Anyone else think so

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

Agreed. Progress marches on, but it's sad to see it go. Another one of my ever decreasing links to my youth has been severed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

GamesTM also gone.
    I'm not as sad about that, always felt it was a bit too like Edge, which I do buy every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Retro gamer is the one..

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

The subscription to official nintendo mag moved to gamesmaster when that closed a couple of years ago. I wonder where they will move my 2 yr sub now. You could see it was closing as they only had 2 staff.

It was a great mag to stay up to date especially on all the indie titles. Very inexpensive too with a sub.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose the internet has done for print magazines.
    Those that advertise in them to pay for everything have seen the numbers of potential customers dwindle, as sales of the magazines have dropped.
    Gamesmaster passed me entirely by, both in terms of the show back in the day and the magazine in it's various guises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Print magazines are more or less becoming the domain of hobbyist kickstarters or small niche publishers. Shame, but I suppose that's considered progress?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

I’m currently looking through the show, up to season 3 now. It’s like going back in time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭Doge

Inviere wrote: »
    I’m currently looking through the show, up to season 3 now. It’s like going back in time

The original series? Is it available to aquire online? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

Doge wrote: »
    The original series? Is it available to aquire online? ;)

I pulled them all from YouTube years ago, I presume they’re still there. Quality not great, but think it’s the best available considering the age. I have all the Bad Influence eps too, for the complete time travel experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Went through all the seasons of bad influence last year on YouTube.. It was great in some regards... Must do gamesmaster now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I never read Gamesmaster but I did read an odd GameTM - pity to see them go but to be expected.

I never look in mags for reviews / news - it's not like they offer anything above and beyond what you can get for free on the web, apart from the feel of a real magazine.

Still a shame though

Advertisement