Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo Prices - USA

Options
  • 05-03-2021 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Anyone on other fora and following ammo prices in the US.

I know when elections come around folks go crazy hoarding and all that but ammo prices seem to have increased no end.

.22 RF ammo is as scarce as hens teeth in some states and the prices are stupid stupid crazy.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

JP22 wrote: »
    Anyone on other fora and following ammo prices in the US.

I know when elections come around folks go crazy hoarding and all that but ammo prices seem to have increased no end.

.22 RF ammo is as scarce as hens teeth in some states and the prices are stupid stupid crazy.

Every election cycle.
    Same with MSR completes and parts sets, handguns, magazines etc.

All predicting another piece of legislation coming out restricting them/their purchase.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Something like 7 million new gun owners in the US in the last 12 months. So that's a lot of extra ammo being bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jb88

There are a lot of good Ammo manufacturers based out of Europe, so I wouldnt worry.

CCI and Remington along with a few others might be an issue if your after specific types, but still plenty of others to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

I think posted last week, .410 shotgun ammo, which wouldn't be particularly sought after or in big demand, was selling for 35-40 dollars for a box of 25.

I was watching this earlier, you can see some of the ammo prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    Every election cycle.
    Same with MSR completes and parts sets, handguns, magazines etc.

All predicting another piece of legislation coming out restricting them/their purchase.

Apart from when the Don was in power. There was a 3 year "Trump slump" in the arms and ammo business....Strange that...With the pandemic. Gun banning Biden with now over a half dozen anti-gun ownership bills either in the House or being proposed,and people hoarding ammo and grifting the prices and availability are what they are. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzZgGChsyDI

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I’m seeing a lot of reports of deliveries arriving at stores being bought up by fellas waiting at the doors, who then sell it on gunbroker or at shows.

Free market is a bitch sometimes.

Advertisement