Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music one

Options
  • 03-03-2021 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Is this station still on? Seemed to fade away, and with RTÉ deciding to keep gold on air, you’d wonder if there’s still a point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Neg10 wrote: »
    Is this station still on? Seemed to fade away, and with RTÉ deciding to keep gold on air, you’d wonder if there’s still a point?

MusicOne is still on, at musicone.ie
    Personally think they do a decent job, and the future of Gold is still questionable imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

MusicOne is still on, at musicone.ie
    Personally think they do a decent job, and the future of Gold is still questionable imho.

Plays the same oldies as everyone else. No imagination at all.

Now, Pirate FM Dublin throws up some real gems!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Also available on the Radio Garden platform as Music One Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭RINO87

Plays the same oldies as everyone else. No imagination at all.

Now, Pirate FM Dublin throws up some real gems!

Music one is worse than the other "Gold" stations IMO. Its dull as dishwater local radio afternoon show type stuff - Crowded House, REM, Simply Red, Beautiful South, blah blah blah...

Ya I liked Pirate FM when I was first listening last April/May. it fell off my radar then for some reason - must give it a go again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I like Easy Radio Love Songs, Dublin..some forgotten gems on their playlist.

• Advertisement

All the stations mentioned are available on Radio Garden! There are some other Irish oldies stations you could check out if the above is not for you, e.g. ABC Dublin, Gem Radio Gold, Gem Radio New Wave and Rogue Radio. The one thing that Music One Ireland has that most of the others don't have is presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

It's not a bad station, I usually switch in on in the afternoons when RTÉ Gold switches to jukebox mode. Selection of music isn't as wide as RTÉ Gold, but it has presenters all day.

All the stations mentioned are available on Radio Garden! There are some other Irish oldies stations you could check out if the above is not for you, e.g. ABC Dublin, Gem Radio Gold, Gem Radio New Wave and Rogue Radio. The one thing that Music One Ireland has that most of the others don't have is presenters.

Planet Radio is another with presenters,but from looking at their site,they dont seem to have as many live shows as they did.

Planet Radio is another with presenters,but from looking at their site,they dont seem to have as many live shows as they did.

It's true that planetradio have some presenters, but it's not an oldies only station like Music One.

• Advertisement
Advertisement