Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It is really sinister how RTE are spinning this. Why would your first thought not be "Well if the doctor doesn't want to take it then maybe I should look in the safety aspects myself", the first thought here is try to get him struck off.

Are we only allowed to listen to the RTE guest list of "trusted" doctors?

This hasn't happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

"Dr Waters"
    Any relation to gemmas friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Joe chumming the water here hoping to land the doc.................dont go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Surely he should now be banned from any medical card income if he won't administer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

"Dr Waters"

His brother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Dr Troubled Waters

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

He should be struck off.

Who should be struck off; Dr Waters or Dr Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

So hes told all those who asked that he isnt doing it..........is that not enough...get this dope off the radio,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Is the doctor a Jehovah's Witness?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

"Dr Waters"

Or the former DG of RTE.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/george-waters-26284858.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Would it be better if he does have legitimate concerns and yet still gave everybody the vaccine?

M

Grand I will book me 2 weeks in Lourdes for October.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,762 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

gmisk wrote: »
    The issue is people like this doctor will hold sway over a lot of people, by the sounds of it a lot of elderly people, who are the very people that need it.
    He also doesn't refer people for tests....or offer the names of other Doctor patients can go to for the vaccine.
    So just a bit more than vaccine hesitant!

He seems a bit of a git, to be frank.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

For some reason Joe summed up the abysmal state of affairs in Ireland regarding the vaccine very well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Annuvveah Brit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Would it be better if he does have legitimate concerns and yet still gave everybody the vaccine?
    It would be better if he at the very least referred people for testing.....or gave the names of other doctors nearby who will give the vaccine if a patient wants it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

dvcireland wrote: »
    i wash me most days after listening to the Liveline

I wash my ears out after listening to the Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The government make a balls of everything they touch. This will be no different

So hes told all those who asked that he isnt doing it..........is that not enough...get this dope off the radio,

We can't, he's got a contract.

So to summarise, the caller reported to Joe a GP won't administer the vaccine, he, or one of his minions talked to the GP who said he won't administer, and then Joe asks the HSE, IMO, etc "Are you aware of any GPs not giving the vaccine?".

FFS Joe. If he had two brains he's be twice as thick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

gmisk wrote: »
    It would be better if he at the very least referred people for testing.....or gave the names of other doctors nearby who will give the vaccine if a patient wants it!

Yeah I would agree with that bit alright. No idea why he would not want to refer people.

M

The magic button so to speak.

JMNolan wrote: »
    For some reason Joe summed up the abysmal state of affairs in Ireland regarding the vaccine very well

Like a stopped clock...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

So to summarise, the caller reported to Joe a GP won't administer the vaccine, he, or one of his minions talked to the GP who said he won't administer, and then Joe asks the HSE, IMO, etc "Are you aware of any GPs not giving the vaccine?".

FFS Joe. If he had two brains he's be twice as thick.

But they all said "Nope, we don't know of any doctor like that" so makes them out to be fools

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Giving this publicity will only increase the number of people who will refuse the vaccine!

No, he hasn't told them. He's asked them are they aware of anyone not doing it. And they have said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Ah in fairness a year out of life for a 100 year old is 1% of their life Nd also prob one of the worst year. A year for a 20 year old is 5% and prob one of the best years!

I do agree with old people getting it first etc but I dont like that argument at all.

Frankanoona Fine?

Yegods!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

"Puwer Frank and Una"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is this Rosemary Smith?

no, shes far too modest

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.