Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

green terracotta pots

Options
  • 05-03-2021 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to successfully clean green mossy terracotta flower pots. I usually scrub them to some degree with sudzey water but it is always a temporary solution. All advice welcome.
    Thanks,
    T.T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

I'd use Milton sterilising fluid (the stuff for baby bottles - cheap versions available in Aldi -Mamia range) or bleach.

Scrub using fairy liquid/dish detergent. Using a bristle brush. Really get them clean.
    Then spray on a diluted mix of the milton or bleach, leave for about 15-30 minutes. Rinse off.

Might take a few goes, soaking them might work better but you'd want to be careful to rinse them well and soak in clean water afterward as terracotta is very porous and will hold onto the bleaching agents.

Should be good then

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i kinda like the look of mossy pots.

Advertisement