Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with stove

• 06-03-2021 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hows it going? I have a problem with my solid fuel stove and I was hoping that someone would be able to give me an idea of what's wrong. It's a solid fuel stove with a boiler in it so when its lit it heats the house. I lit it a couple of hours ago but all the radiators are stone cold and the overflow pipe is working overtime churning out hot water. What could be the issue? Any suggestions welcome! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Check circulation pump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

sonic85 wrote: »
    Hows it going? I have a problem with my solid fuel stove and I was hoping that someone would be able to give me an idea of what's wrong. It's a solid fuel stove with a boiler in it so when its lit it heats the house. I lit it a couple of hours ago but all the radiators are stone cold and the overflow pipe is working overtime churning out hot water. What could be the issue? Any suggestions welcome! Thanks

Is the circulation pump kicking in? Is there a bubbling noise from the back of the stove?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

Circulation pump not working?or check if you have power to the pipe stat.dont add any fuel to the stove and turn down the draught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Circulation pump must not be working , or the stat is set too high or not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Thanks for the replies lads. The circulating pump has a little switch on it that was set to 3 - what's the purpose of that? I switched it from 3 to 1 and back to 3 again and that seemed to fix the issue. Does that mean its definitely the circulating pump and that it's on it's way out? I'm not a plumber and I know feck all about heating systems so I'm going to have to get someone to take a look at it for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

1-3 are the speed settings which impact the flow and pressure the pump works to achieve. By switching them its possible you got the pump moving after being stuck or else its simply on the way out and showing signs of a fault.

Advertisement