Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blinds installed today - not happy

Options
  • 01-07-2020 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, can anyone advise what they would do here? I got new blinds installed today. Pics attached. During the Sales visit I specifically asked if new/additional holes would be drilled into the window frames and I was told no, everything would match up on installation. Low and behold today I see that they drilled new holes into my window frames. I'm so annoyed. Rang them and he talked over me, denied agreeing to that and said their blinds are a different size to the old ones so he was never going to be able to match them up. What would you do in this situation? Theres also several other problems with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What are the other problems?

I would imagine the old holes could be filled and made to blend in quite easily. Given that you now have extra holes either way, it might be worth investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 anneperkins

other problems are the tilting strings are too long, the base of one blind doesnt align with the top of it and finally one blind is too long so it doesnt line up with the others on the same windowsill

• Registered Users Posts: 21,146 ✭✭✭✭Water John

You've opened two threads with the same Q. Which one do reply to?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

other problems are the tilting strings are too long, the base of one blind doesnt align with the top of it and finally one blind is too long so it doesnt line up with the others on the same windowsill

My approach would be to try and work with the blind company and get the issues with the blinds remedied.

I would imagine you’re wasting your time arguing about the screw holes though.

Maybe deal with the company by email rather than down the phone, include pictures, this will help you get your point across clearly, and the guy you’re dealing with can respond in a more measured and reasonable manner.

Advertisement