Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chlorus for cleaning

• 09-07-2020 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭

anyone used chorus for cleaning footpaths, I know power hose is the ideal job, but don't want the dose of water all over the place if I can put on the chlorus, leave it for a few hours and brush it off, woul

What ratio of chlorus to water, any opinions or advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

I use a product called wet and forget. 1 litre of product, add 5litres of water into your knapsack sprayer. Using it this number of years on footpath.

the more it rains the cleaner it will be. I honestly reckon one application of it keeps working for anything up to 18months.

i know what you mean about power washing them. It's about €45 for 5 litres of wet and forget. 6 litres in the knapsack will surprise you how far it will go around a building

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

30-30% mix in a watering can
    Use a yard brush to give it a rub

If near any surfaces you’d rather not overly bleached like tarmac
    Leave for a half hour
    Run a garden hose over area to wash off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

thanks ruwithme! never heard of this product before, looked at the reviews, sounds good, the thing that stood out, is that it takes time before you can see results, what ratio do you use for the mix, is in online order only?

Thanks 49801, is the the chlorus you are referring to, do I need to water the concrete first before applying the solution, when you say 30/30% do you equal parts of water and chlorus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Presume it’s just hypochlorite??

Definitely handy fir cleaning concrete paths and yards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Be careful If you've got any nice plants bordering the paths ,cloras ain't going to do them any favours when you rinse off with a hose ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

thanks for that sound advice Markcheese I still dont know what ratio of chlorus to water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

banoffe2 wrote: »
    thanks for that sound advice Markcheese I still dont know what ratio of chlorus to water

Sorry meant 20-30%
    Kinda like 1:4 or 1:4 ratio
    A damp overcast day is the business as ground nice a damp already

many thanks to all of you for the tips and advice, plan is to use chlorus for the urgent cleaning and wet and forget for the maintenance and areas that would be awkward/difficult to use chlorus or powerwash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

On the wet and forget, it's one litre of product. add five litres of water. results are a matter of days in my experience . apply using a knapsack sprayer and wear eye protection and a face mask of some description .its strong stuff.

i get it in Clarkes of cavan. they sell online too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Good loser

Have only used it on concrete and stone paving.

I now use it only when it's raining or misting at least. If raining and surface has a fall there might be no need to hose off; only don't carry it inside the house on shoes etc. Use wellingtons when spraying or splashes on trousers will discolour. It is a mild acid.
    It will clean growth of algae off window cills too.

Advertisement