Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help to buy Scheme

• 25-07-2019 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I dont know if this is the right area to ask this, if not my apologies!

We are in the process of getting plans drawn up and applying for planning in the next couple of months. The plan is to have planning permission accepted by end of November 2019.

My other half is paye but I am self employed. I won't be self employed for 2 years until March 2020. To apply for a mortgage I need to supply 2 years business accounts(this will be earliest april 2020).

The help to buy scheme is meant to finish at the end if 2019. Is it possible for both of us to apply for the help to buy scheme before the end of 2019 if we had full planning permission granted say in November 2019 but had no mortgage application or main contractor organised for self build?

I'm wondering could we be accepted for the help to buy scheme(basically be on the system before it closes at the end of 2019) and receive whatever we are entitled too after our first mortgage drawdown/main contractor contract signed to build the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

Hey

We are in a similar position. We applied for HTB recently and the application was approved to get x amount of a refund.

Our mortgage advisor has told us to write to revenue looking for them to confirm that applications approved before 31st December are still valid in 2020.

See the link below which makes reference to March 2020.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/help-to-buy-who-it-helps-who-it-doesn-t-and-will-it-be-extended-1.3950326?mode=amp

Also revenue updated their tax and duty manual recently in relation to the HTB which goes against the above article and mentions that the contract must be signed before 31st December or the first tranche of the mortgage drawn down.

Best bet is to ask Revenue.

Pascal and co. may very well extend it in the budget anywayðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DTMeath

Thanks for your reply!

This information is very helpful.

I shall read the link and try get my head around it. You are right, at the end of the day, Revenue has the final say and hopefully it will work out for us.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wayne991992

Hi all

My partner and I have cancelled our own application and submitted a new one to include 2019. However while the old application gave us the figure instantly the new application is sitting at under review status for a few days now. Can someone advise if this is normal and the usual turnaround as there is no contact number for HTB that I can find. Worried as we are seeking approval in principle really soon and HTB needs to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Firerft

Hi, I am in a similar position where our application is in review for a few days. I think there is a number to speak to someone regarding an application but not sure myself as I’ve seen other threads where people have spoke to Revenue regarding an application. If someone has a number it would be great if they could post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Hi everyone,

Just wondering on info on the Help to Buy Scheme, Just wondering is it to be applied after the build is done? Roughly how much is given back any strict criteria.

Any info welcome and appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement