Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture Store Recommendation

Options
  • 02-07-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

upgrading the 3 piece suite in the living room at the moment

Have identified 2 candidates in DFS that we like

I've looked online at trustpilot and there are a lot of really negative reviews about DFS, but not sure if these are related primarily in the UK or not

anyone dealt with them (Carrickmines store) and if you have any other recommendations of places that people used

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Joolz30

We went with Kube interiors in Sandyford and EZ living. Kube is great as you can design everything and they work to your budget too.

EZ living was quicker however!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

thanks, I have an EZ Living very close to me where we live, I'm not out the southside, but happen to be there 2 nights a week which is why I found myself at DFS

Will have a look at Kube

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Michael Murphy furniture, I have only been to their Newbridge shop, but would recommend them above others when it comes to furniture. They've shops in Dublin too.

https://www.michaelmurphy.ie

Michael Murphy furniture, I have only been to their Newbridge shop, but would recommend them above others when it comes to furniture. They've shops in Dublin too.

https://www.michaelmurphy.ie

ya i've been to MM in Newbridge many times, only up the road from them in Naas

very friendly staff

planning to go tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

What style of suite are you after.? I spotted a lovely Fama suite earlier in the shop beside naas ball (not ez living) are modern style but really comfortable.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    What style of suite are you after.? I spotted a lovely Fama suite earlier in the shop beside naas ball (not ez living) are modern style but really comfortable.

went in there earlier (Hanleys)...nothing really took our fancy and they are pricey compared to Michael Murphys

Found a really nice couch in Murphys so its top of the list at the moment

Been to EZ Living, Hanleys and did Harvey N earlier today....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

AVOID DFS

Their products are poor quality, they make up their so called offers and high pressure sales tactics to take coatings, insurance etc.

Any place that quotes a discount off an "after event price" is making a joke of you.

My own experience over many years

Michael Murphys or Finline Furniture (Finline manufacture themselves in Emo just off the M7)

Many other good ones too, but avoid DFS

Just saw you are in Naas - we'll worth a spin to Finline at Emo. Less than 30min down the M7

totally forgot about finline, had a look at their site and 2-3 there we like the look of so will take a trip down Mon morning

this one is what we've liked so far
    very strong, well built, solid and extremely comfortable

there is a huge choice of fabrics aswell

https://www.michaelmurphy.ie/product/colorado-3-seater/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    totally forgot about finline, had a look at their site and 2-3 there we like the look of so will take a trip down Mon morning

this one is what we've liked so far
    very strong, well built, solid and extremely comfortable

there is a huge choice of fabrics aswell

https://www.michaelmurphy.ie/product/colorado-3-seater/

If you go to finline on naas road, you can go to Diamond Furniture opposite it.

The sofa factory is also nearby in Western Industrial Estate. The quality there is excellent.

Karl's furniture on Kylemore Road also has good quality sofas.

So if you go to that area you could look at all of these.

What brand is that Colerado suite? I have one very similar style that I cant justify getting rid of after 13 years because its still practically new.

back from Finline on the Long Mile Rd
    Spent nearly 1.5hrs in there, have to say the quality of furniture is of a high end, the choices of fabrics is excellent, really professional setup

found a sofa and 2 chairs eventually after going through about 15 different fabric options

• Advertisement
Advertisement