Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Honda Integra type r insurance suggestions

Options
  • 30-06-2020 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Trying to get my Honda Integra type r back on the road after 7 years and I am looking for suggestions on insurance companies preferably to get it insured as vintage!
    Please only reply if you have info on insurance companies who will take Honda cars thanks

No luck from
    FBD ( and I have ivs membership)
    Carol Nash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Dman38 wrote: »
    Trying to get my Honda Integra type r back on the road after 7 years and I am looking for suggestions on insurance companies preferably to get it insured as vintage!
    Please only reply if you have info on insurance companies who will take Honda cars thanks

No luck from
    FBD ( and I have ivs membership)
    Carol Nash

What year is it bud?, unfortunately most now want vintage jap cars to be 25 - 30 years old and a lot that will do it at 20 want the owner to be 30+.

Does that crowd up north something market still do it they used to be a go to for lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

On my third jap import, liberty last 2

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Baymax2020

Give brittons insurance a go never had any issues getting insurance off them. Used to have an EP3 insured with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dman38

Mjolnir wrote: »
    What year is it bud?, unfortunately most now want vintage jap cars to be 25 - 30 years old and a lot that will do it at 20 want the owner to be 30+.

Does that crowd up north something market still do it they used to be a go to for lads

1996 dc2 I’m 38! I’ll try campion insurance tomorrow cheers

On my third jap import, liberty last 2

I’ll give a buzz tomorrow cheers

• Advertisement

Baymax2020 wrote: »
    Give brittons insurance a go never had any issues getting insurance off them. Used to have an EP3 insured with them.

No bother I’ll try them tomorrow cheers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have mine(98 Spec) and as a daily driver with Chill of all people(AXA underwriting it). They were the cheapest by far, 700 quid. Half the price of the nearest quote from elsewhere(including AXA quotes). Fully comp, agreed value, but oddly no open drive of other cars.

Now as a caveat I have the car for well over a decade, am 51, zero claims and zero points ever and my driving licence is so old it's on vellum, in Latin. The chap I was speaking with did say my very long term ownership of the same car with no claims or points was the major factor painting me as low risk. Still I'd give Chill a call.

Though I think you can pretty much forget insuring it as a vintage or classic. Maybe it's changed very recently but any brokers I've talked with down the years have told me it'll be a long time before certain cars, particularly the JDM imports of yesteryear will be classed as vintage. Late 90's Beemer or Merc? Doable. R's and other high end spec JDM iron, not so much.

PS good to see one coming out from retirement again. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement