Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried direct debit insufficient funds

Options
  • 30-06-2020 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I just realised I have a direct debit coming out tomorrow with axa but I have insufficient funds for a couple of days due to change date for wages. Will my policy be cancelled if a couple days late?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I just realised I have a direct debit coming out tomorrow with axa but I have insufficient funds for a couple of days due to change date for wages. Will my policy be cancelled if a couple days late?

No, if the first DD fails then they will attempt payment again in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rainbow1110

davo2001 wrote: »
    No, if the first DD fails then they will attempt payment again in a few days.

Is that automatically with every company? It doesnt specifically say on their site. My contract says they have a right to cancel policy if payment isnt made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

It might be worth giving them a call to let them know. You could ask them to change the date that it's due to go out on in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

A failed direct debit cannot cancel a policy. It allows an insurer invoke the cancellation clause under the policy, which is effectively giving 7/10 days notice of when cover will end. Contact them before it gets to that point and you should be OK

Advertisement