Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
05-05-2020, 12:41   #31
tim3000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese whospers View Post
There was significant damage to the mirrors, so there was speed involved. She was either stationary/crawilng, or going at speed and you weren't looking. How else can you claim to not know if she wasn't stationary/crawling.

You're not doing yourself any favours with comments like that. Stick to the facts.
At no stage did I say there was significant damage to her mirror only my own. If she was moving then she equally at fault. I have no proof that she was stationary only her word.

Youre just assuming that since I dont recall the specifics of it that I must be at fault. Youre not doing yourself any favours with assumptions like that.
tim3000 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-05-2020, 12:57   #32
spodoinkle
Registered User
 
spodoinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3000 View Post
She never mentioned a dashcam and I dont recall seeing one. The garda never mentioned one to me either.
Tim these seen to be the facts: you have knocked your wing mirror off another wing mirror and you are unsure if the other car was moving or stationary. If this is correct, there is no way to prove either version of events without CCTV, dash cam or independent witnesses. If the other party does not have any of these, she has no case. There is no grounds for personal injury in a wing mirror to wing mirror incident. The body of the car has not moved and therefore occupants havent moved in the Collison. Unless you have been caught on speed camera, you could have been driving 200mph, it cannot be proved without a speed camera. Delete and block this bints number and think no more of it, you have notified your insurers, your job is done.
spodoinkle is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-05-2020, 12:57   #33
Chinese whospers
Registered User
 
Chinese whospers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3000 View Post
At no stage did I say there was significant damage to her mirror only my own. If she was moving then she equally at fault. I have no proof that she was stationary only her word.

Youre just assuming that since I dont recall the specifics of it that I must be at fault. Youre not doing yourself any favours with assumptions like that.

For there to have been serious damage to one is enough proof that this wasnt a few km tip.


You're coming across as someone trying to get off on a technicality, 'If she was moving then she equally at fault.' My sympathy is with the other driver. Be more careful in future.
Chinese whospers is offline  
05-05-2020, 13:02   #34
scamalert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,298
guards wont have time to pursue op over he said/ she said, specially if damage on ones side is just some broken mirror 10-30e cost of an issue, not an accident in any way or form, just damage.



stupidity lies that if one does claim id imagine both drivers will have record on their insurance as claim/ed in the past which will reflect on their quotes for years, way more then fixing some stupid mirrors at pocket change value.
scamalert is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-05-2020, 13:31   #35
tim3000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by spodoinkle View Post
Tim these seen to be the facts: you have knocked your wing mirror off another wing mirror and you are unsure if the other car was moving or stationary. If this is correct, there is no way to prove either version of events without CCTV, dash cam or independent witnesses. If the other party does not have any of these, she has no case. There is no grounds for personal injury in a wing mirror to wing mirror incident. The body of the car has not moved and therefore occupants havent moved in the Collison. Unless you have been caught on speed camera, you could have been driving 200mph, it cannot be proved without a speed camera. Delete and block this bints number and think no more of it, you have notified your insurers, your job is done.
Thank you very much for the reply. Ill update if I hear anything.
tim3000 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-05-2020, 13:46   #36
Eggs For Dinner
Registered User
 
Eggs For Dinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,696
Firstly, if neither party can prove their version of events, it will be settled 50/50. That does not mean you each look after your own loss, you pay half his costs and he pays half yours. Inform your insurers and let them handle any claim the 3rd may make against you. To assert your stance, you need to counter his allegation but submitting a claim against his policy. As another poster has advised, do not be vague about the fact of whether he we was moving or stationery
Eggs For Dinner is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-05-2020, 15:08   #37
tim3000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggs For Dinner View Post
Firstly, if neither party can prove their version of events, it will be settled 50/50. That does not mean you each look after your own loss, you pay half his costs and he pays half yours. Inform your insurers and let them handle any claim the 3rd may make against you. To assert your stance, you need to counter his allegation but submitting a claim against his policy. As another poster has advised, do not be vague about the fact of whether he we was moving or stationery
I havent began to claim yet. I have asked the insruance company to let me know if contact has been made. If they initiate a claim against me then I will do likewise. Im trying not to stir the pot. Ill make a statement to the gardas today and see what they say.
tim3000 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-05-2020, 17:52   #38
antodeco
Warning: Contains traces of nuts
 
antodeco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,794
I've had this happen. Normally people Go ape sh1t because they want to put doubt into your mind, so you don't claim against them. I had an issue before where is as stopped. A guy smashed into my mirror and got out screaming at me. Saying I swerved into him etc. I remained calm and he got more annoyed. Said he can't wait to claim against me etc. I just pointed to me dashcam and he hopped into his car and drove off.
antodeco is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet