Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Skincare

Options
  • 06-05-2019 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭

Specifically for your face, what products do you use?

Ive been using Clinique for Men for ages and while I dont mind spending on good stuff, its a bit over the top.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Nivea deep cleaning face wash with aloe vera. Tis grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Gael23 wrote:
    Ive been using Clinique for Men for ages and while I dont mind spending on good stuff, its a bit over the top.

Can't beat Clinique in my honest opinion.

They're skin care experts with ranges to cover all skin types (oily,dry,sensitive etc) so I don't mind the extra spend to maintain the condition of my skin which I'm always complemented about.

If you maintain a regular cleansing schedule and do a full and proper cleanse and moisturizing it's worth what you spend in the compliments alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

brinty wrote: »
    Can't beat Clinique in my honest opinion.

They're skin care experts with ranges to cover all skin types (oily,dry,sensitive etc) so I don't mind the extra spend to maintain the condition of my skin which I'm always complemented about.

If you maintain a regular cleansing schedule and do a full and proper cleanse and moisturizing it's worth what you spend in the compliments alone.

Which ones are you using? I have the new super energiser gel but its €52

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I personally think that's outrageous. Skin is mostly genetics and then diet and lifestyle habits. Spending 52 euro on a skincare product is nuts in my view.

Gael23 wrote:
    Which ones are you using? I have the new super energiser gel but its €52

Sorry mate was fully sure I'd replied last night

That he'll is great as discussed had SPF and is supposedly great for anyone who works out doors. I myself work in an office environment so the blue moisturizing hell is more be sorted to my needs.

So I use the whole range but bear in mind I have been a normal skin type, not dry, oily or sensitive (redness or itchy) so we might need to use different products but anyone of their consultants would give you correctly.

So daily I use the face wash with their male Sonic brush and moisturizing using the blue moisture surge gel. I'd also top those up by using their eye products every day around my eyes.

Twice a week when I shave is also use the face scrub and toning lotion pre shave, then use they're aloe gel shaving cream and post shave soother to relieve any irritation or razor burning.

I'd regularly be complemented on how fresh and well looked after my face is so taking care of your skincare does work.

• Advertisement

That he'll is great as discussed had SPF and is supposedly great for anyone who works out doors. I myself work in an office environment so the blue moisturizing hell is more be sorted to my needs.

So I use the whole range but bear in mind I have been a normal skin type, not dry, oily or sensitive (redness or itchy) so we might need to use different products but anyone of their consultants would give you correctly.

So daily I use the face wash with their male Sonic brush and moisturizing using the blue moisture surge gel. I'd also top those up by using their eye products every day around my eyes.

Twice a week when I shave is also use the face scrub and toning lotion pre shave, then use they're aloe gel shaving cream and post shave soother to relieve any irritation or razor burning.

I'd regularly be complemented on how fresh and well looked after my face is so taking care of your skincare does work.
    That’s a bit of a routine.
    I’m not familiar with the blue moisture surge gel? Is it the super energizer one?
    I got sample of the post shave soother but I didn’t think it was needed along with moisturizer.

Gael23 wrote:
    That’s a bit of a routine. I’m not familiar with the blue moisture surge gel? Is it the super energizer one? I got sample of the post shave soother but I didn’t think it was needed along with moisturizer.

It is mate but worth it for sure
    No the blue is max hydrator and the orange is the super energizer with spf40.
    Yes I use both, post shave on areas I shave then moisturizer all over

• Registered Users Posts: 33,113 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wait until the L'Oreal little pump boyo's are half price in Superdrug or Tesco, and then stock up.

I like their range.
    https://www.superdrug.com/Mens/Men%27s-Skin-Care/c/mens-skincare?q=%3AbestBiz%3Abrand%3A411010&text=&minSel=1.0&maxSel=16.0&minSlider=1.0&maxSlider=16.0&resultsForPage=20&sort=bestBiz&brand411010=on#

Also buy the odd Nivea product. Find their's good too, and cheap.

It is mate but worth it for sure
    No the blue is max hydrator and the orange is the super energizer with spf40.
    Yes I use both, post shave on areas I shave then moisturizer all over
    I only used the max hydrator for a few years but its just so expensive. I still have some and do like it but its hard to justify the price.

Does a €50 one do it any better than a €5 one?

We are all aging, there's only so little a cream can do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭cmac2009

NIMAN wrote: »
    Does a €50 one do it any better than a €5 one?

We are all aging, there's only so little a cream can do!

Believe it's been shown numerous times that the difference is negligible, 70% of the 50 is probably covering marketing budgets! Vaguely remember reading some article where Lidl/Aldi range came out on top versus various high-end skin brands.

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Believe it's been shown numerous times that the difference is negligible, 70% of the 50 is probably covering marketing budgets! Vaguely remember reading some article where Lidl/Aldi range came out on top versus various high-end skin brands.
    I have skin issues and I would never use Lidl/Aldi products. I don't mind paying a bit for good products within reason.

Gael23 wrote: »
    I have skin issues and I would never use Lidl/Aldi products. I don't mind paying a bit for good products within reason.

Funnily enough, the OH bought some of the Caviar cream a few months back, can't remember if thats Lidl or Aldi, after rave reviews.

Had to stop using it, caused a rash. I suppose not all creams suit all people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Btw don't mean to offend people, if you are happy to pay, why not. I think you can overdo it with skin care personally but that's just my own hunch. And if you get compliments, it obvo works

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Reads like the opening scene in American Psycho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Does (tap) water count as a skincare ‘product’?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

On advice I started using a face mask and toner recently. I bought Baxter of California for both. The face mask isn't as feminine as I assumed it would be. Just rub it in, leave for a few minutes and wash off. Looks like a thick face wash really. It's a weekly one for oily skin. I use the toner twice daily. I'm a fan of Osma products for shaving generally so started to use one of their intensive face washes.

My skin has always been troublesome but about a month into using these regularly and they certainly have made a difference (according to my wife and mother too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does (tap) water count as a skincare ‘product’?

I'm with you on that. A splash of water is as complicated as it gets.

We'll find out in years to come it's not good all these products seeping into your blood via your skin. It's happening now with sunscreen, cosmetics won't be far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

In independent tests the Aldi and Lidl creams compare very favourably for a fraction of the cost.
    There is a bit of pretentiousness about spending silly money for face cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

Don’t think I’ve ever bought cream, have some as presents and used them a few times. My skin is very good for my age and all it gets is a bit of water daily. It’s in your genes and you’re wasting your money lads.

• Advertisement

SeaFields wrote: »
    On advice I started using a face mask and toner recently. I bought Baxter of California for both. The face mask isn't as feminine as I assumed it would be. Just rub it in, leave for a few minutes and wash off. Looks like a thick face wash really. It's a weekly one for oily skin. I use the toner twice daily. I'm a fan of Osma products for shaving generally so started to use one of their intensive face washes.

My skin has always been troublesome but about a month into using these regularly and they certainly have made a difference (according to my wife and mother too!)

Do you use moisturizer also?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Gael23 wrote: »
    Do you use moisturizer also?

No, rarely. I have a few in the bathroom - from gift sets mainly but never actually use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Bulldog facewash is excellent. Elave too if you have sensitive skin.

Don't use Nivea as it dries out my skin funnily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I have a mild skin condition around my mouth, I use Child's Farm moisturizer great all over my face and a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

O’keeffes cream for severely dry hands. Just lob it onto your face, look 5+ yrs younger.

Thank me later.

I have a mild skin condition around my mouth, I use Child's Farm moisturizer great all over my face and a great price.

Heard really good things about that range but never used it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Is it perioral dermatitis (tight, flaky skin around the mouth with red bumps)? Just asking cause i have that, got it from using steroid creams 7 years ago and nothing will shift it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is it perioral dermatitis (tight, flaky skin around the mouth with red bumps)? Just asking cause i have that, got it from using steroid creams 7 years ago and nothing will shift it.

Look into something like this, you can also get oils made of the same thing, can do wonders for your skin https://www.pharmanord.co.uk/all-products/eye-health/omega-7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It is and the Child's Farm cream I use is brilliant. It relieves the soreness and makes the redness almost disappear. It's worth a try. Available in Boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anything for Acne scars? Something that doesnt smell bad or oily.

Advertisement