Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs sore nose

Options
  • 11-09-2019 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

My dog has what looks like a sore nose anyone got any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Have you checked for mites/fleas etc?
    Could he have got a sting? or rooting around Nettles or thistles?
    Looks like a bit of a reaction - or maybe a bit infected?
    I would put some sudocrem on it, and see how it goes - if it gets worse, def worth having checked being so near his nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cnoc

kerdiff wrote: »

Visit the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Poor fella, bit of sudocrem worked wonders for our dog when he got a cut after breaking out of his crate. Just keep an eye on him and visit to the vet if it doesn't get any better in a day or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

kerdiff wrote:

Same happened mine he got a little nick running through the wood and the bacteria in his tongue did the rest from licking it.
    He needed a course of antibiotics and anti inflams.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

aonb wrote: »
    I would put some sudocrem on it, and see how it goes - if it gets worse, def worth having checked being so near his nose.

I'm actually treating her mites in her ears at the moment could it be some sort of reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

aonb wrote: »

Would she not just lick the sudocream off her nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Straight to the vet, that already looks infected, and very sore. Fact he/she has mites already would concern me.

Vet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Personally that would be a def bet trip for me ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Vet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

Ouch, that looks very sore and inflamed. It is also in a very sensitive area so is likely very uncomfortable. It needs to be looked at by a vet imo as it could easily become infected if it is not already infected. They use that area of their faces a lot, it will be near food, water and what ever else that your dog is smelling. Personally, I wouldn’t be putting sudocream or any home remedies on it incase it aggravates it more.

If that was on your nose you’d likely go to the doctor, it’s be the same for out pets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

Ouch, that looks very sore and inflamed. It is also in a very sensitive area so is likely very uncomfortable. It needs to be looked at by a vet imo as it could easily become infected if it is not already infected. They use that area of their faces a lot, it will be near food, water and what ever else that your dog is smelling. Personally, I wouldn’t be putting sudocream or any home remedies on it incase it aggravates it more.

If that was on your nose you’d likely go to the doctor, it’s be the same for out pets :)

Advertisement