Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 screen cinema going into Bailey Point, Salthill

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Homelander wrote: »
    I doubt it's under much of any IMC related control. The IMC objected to their expansion plans very recently.

That was in 2017. Before the deal was done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

The MyOmniPass is listed for Salthill now, €24.95 p/m ... most expensive location.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EachSmallChime

That kind of makes sense though. It's the only location that doesn't have regular screens. Still less than two tickets. And if you go 3 times a month it's cheaper than going anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

It looks really cool in fairness.. Has that 1930s vibe going on with the decor.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

The sound in here is phenomenal... Went to Angel has fallen yesterday in one of the smaller screens... One scene featuring an explosion shook the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Thanks for reassuring me that not everyone would see it as “making an issue”. Of course I wouldn’t make a big deal of it, just politely point out what I will assume is a mistake. Which it could genuinely be.

Have not been there yet, planning on going soon....I dont think its is an overreaction, but let me state clearly for the record - I will murder any man, worman or child without hesitation, and without asking any questions, should I find them, accidentially or otherwise, in a seat I paid €15 for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Have not been there yet, planning on going soon....I dont think its is an overreaction, but let me state clearly for the record - I will murder any man, worman or child without hesitation, and without asking any questions, should I find them, accidentially or otherwise, in a seat I paid €15 for.

I have seen many many times, ppl take seats on transport that are clearly reserved, its disrespectful, so if I see this outside of that environment, I am very very assertive about asking ppl to vacate MY seat.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Hi, I booked to see a film tomorrow night, have the QR code saved on my phone to scan the tickets. I know this sounds obvious to ask but do I need to bring student id with me also as I booked as student?.. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭flazio

jk23 wrote: »
    Hi, I booked to see a film tomorrow night, have the QR code saved on my phone to scan the tickets. I know this sounds obvious to ask but do I need to bring student id with me also as I booked as student?.. Thank you.

Not sure about this place, but in general when you avail of a concession price, you do need to prove you are entitled to the concession so do bring some form of confirmation that you are a student. ID would be ideal.

flazio wrote: »
    Not sure about this place, but in general when you avail of a concession price, you do need to prove you are entitled to the concession so do bring some form of confirmation that you are a student. ID would be ideal.

That's great, thanks a million for the reply

• Advertisement

Went to see It chapter 2 tonight. Really enjoyed the film and the cinema is very polished and excellent looking. The reclining seats are brilliant. Would recommend anyone to go to a movie there...

jk23 wrote: »
    Went to see It chapter 2 tonight. Really enjoyed the film and the cinema is very polished and excellent looking. The reclining seats are brilliant. Would recommend anyone to go to a movie there...

Doing the exact same tonight. Hope I have the same experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

I love this cinema but the concessions stand is ridiculous.. 90pence extra to get a tiny separate bag of jalapeños for your nachos is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The soda fountain can apparently make any flavour pop you like.

Anything can be had.... for a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If you're planning on going here Thursday evening, you might want to watch where you park. Lorenzo will be at full tilt and high tide is after 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Food was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Food was horrible.

What did u try to eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

you are going to a cinema not a Michelin star restaurant ......

Went there first time last thursday for Joker.
    Spacious, comfy and brilliant film. Popcorn a little on the too salty side but still great.

its gonna be hard to go back to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Laviski wrote: »
    its gonna be hard to go back to the others.

what's the parking like there, easy or ok?

I thought it was great. Same as, will find it difficult to go back to the other places. The competition is good for the customer.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tribesman West

Pretty impressive cinema, will surely up the competition. Makes it difficult to use another cinema once this is visited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

what's the parking like there, easy or ok?

if anything i find it easier that time around as went to a 8 pm show, but like the other places its dependent on the time you are going at.

My only gripe is that it is in salthill, the others are closer to me however its worth the effort. To be fair makes a much needed addition to salthill when not thinking selfishly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

The wedges. Even the popcorn was horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

No complaints when we went. Comfy seats, the recline was quite the novelty. No issues with the popcorn or drinks. Decor is very nice inside too. A good addition to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Are they planning on opening the underground carpark? Puzzling as to why its left locked and unused

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Are they planning on opening the underground carpark? Puzzling as to why its left locked and unused

It has flooded in the past, so may not be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 daveblinkbass

It has flooded in the past, so may not be safe.

Flooding and safety not an issue per se. The natural ventilation at deck level can allow water down but it falls into a bunded area so won’t flood until it reaches a certain point. The contractors are currently using it to store materials and plant while doing the work. I’m sure it will open once the work is complete, at least to residents. Parking for residents has become difficult since it opened as people take the spots at deck level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement