Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault at Higher Options, RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 25,427 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So if there was no stabbing maybe someone, the mod who started the thread perhaps, could change the title of the thread?

And kill off his agenda?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

But the knife crime element is new.

This simply would not have happened in my day.

It's not new, plenty of people's faces have been destroyed by knives and Stanleys for as long back as I can remember.
    Since the 70s I remember well neighbourhood gangs were everywhere with people suffering horrific injuries from the fighting.
    Over the years there have been lulls in that behaviour, now it seems to be back again but with more viciousness and far less fear of the law and judiciary, who will do sweet F.A. about it.
    It will take a couple of deaths before anyone really attempts to deal with it, just look at London.
    Until they do, these gangs will grow in numbers and more young people will be seriously hurt, some will suffer permanent horrific injuries.
    It's history repeating itself again.
    And don't hold your breath on politicians or the judiciary coming down hard on this, they didn't in the past and back then we didn't have people pissing their pants being afraid of being accused of offending certain elements of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

So if there was no stabbing maybe someone, the mod who started the thread perhaps, could change the title of the thread?

It's bad enough that they allow racists to post here, without also having them moderate forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It didn't happen on this day.

NO.

ONE.

WAS.

STABBED.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Faugheen wrote: »
    It was a bunch of white lads when I went to higher options years ago that were causing trouble.

This thuggery isn’t new, folks.

Last I heard there was no stabbing. Might want to read the link the OP.

The OP didn't read the link in the OP.

As long as we get the dramatic headlines though, that's all that matters.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The OP didn't read the link in the OP.

Someone with an agenda against the blacks didn’t read their own link dump that disproves their own bull****?

Well isn’t that a surprise in a forum full of accurate information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

pjohnson wrote: »
    You cant expect the pitchforkers to be literate.

Hows Sweden biko no updates in a while?

While you're here I was thinking you might be able to help me.

Is the correct story that they are Syrian, or is it that they're the offspring of doctors and engineers? It gets a bit confusing sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Listen bigot, these doctors and engineers will be paying your pension. Take your enrichment and shut up.

Hahahahaha doctors and engineers indeed...
    Best of luck to you when they start living next door to you and enriching your locality

• Registered Users Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

While you're here I was thinking you might be able to help me.

Is the correct story that they are Syrian, or is it that they're the offspring of doctors and engineers? It gets a bit confusing sometimes.

The correct story is there was no stabbing. Yet people are still complaining about the "knife" element. So I dont think the pitchforkers care about facts. They are already rewriting them from the OP. So pick one and just run with that as the fact.

I knew the pitchforkers generally weren't the brightest and just use stereotypical tropes or #fakenews to squirm outta awkward moments they tie themselves in but now their own evidence and links in the OP of their new thread is literally saying the exact opposite of what they claim it says. Thats impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

As I said earlier, they weren't wearing identifiable school uniforms, as others attending were.

I wonder why that is. Probably Balbriggan as I have been informed many times now, that's where the gangsta gangs are these days.

Schools need to keep their reputation. If they have one, and I am sure many attending the schools of these idiots do not like that kind of behaviour one bit either. Awful stuff.

But it doesn't impact most of us, it was contained within the RDS. That's great, thanks.

Someone with an agenda against the blacks didn’t read their own link dump that disproves their own bull****?

Well isn’t that a surprise in a forum full of accurate information.

Someone who is in favor of unrestricted immigration irrespective of the social consequences didn't bother to try and frame their argument as anything other than 'if you think that a large groups of students in the RDS who appear to exclusively have west African antecedence assaulting each other is an indicator of anything being amiss you are clearly a racist'. Also when did one link constitute a link dump?

Well isn't that a surprise in a forum full of rational individuals.
    The correct story is there was no stabbing. Yet people are still complaining about the "knife" element. So I dont think the pitchforkers care about facts. They are already rewriting them from the OP.

If the correct story had been that it had happened on Grafton St. and not the RDS on a scale of 1-10 to what extent would have it invalidated the story? If it had been a stabbing that didn't result in a significant injury to what extent would that have been different? Either way the answer from your position is that a datum does not equal a pattern.

I knew the pitchforkers generally weren't the brightest and just use stereotypical tropes or #fakenews to squirm outta awkward moments they tie themselves in

Yawn. Lazy generalizations. I don't see anything to make bull****ters on either side cover themselves in glory. Speaking of which, Syrian or sons of doctors?

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yawn. Lazy generalizations. I don't see anything to make bull****ters on either side cover themselves in glory. Speaking of which, Syrian or sons of doctors?.

I said make you can just make your own facts. Its what ye do best as this thread hilariously proves.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Are these are ghetto friends from blanch???

Are they the gang or part of that are attacking on the dart and taxis etc?

Scum bags.

I said make you can just make your own facts. Its what ye do best as this thread hilariously proves.

They were a group of Syrian students that escaped from Ar Raqqa three years ago, who were peacefully protesting at the RDS against some of the restrictions that Medicines Sans Frontiers have to work under (which is particularly relevant to them given that many of their parents work in that charity). Unfortunately one of their group was violently assaulted at the RDS by a member of a far-right organization (incorrectly initially reported as a stabbing). Leo Varadkar will be issuing a statement shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Gosh, these threads.
    On the one hand there are the people itching to pigeon hole immigrants and saying nasty things in an intemperate manner.
    On the other hand there is the just as intemperate unwillingness among some posters to tell the simple facts.
    How can societies respond to issues if citizens are not allowed to factually relay the details of things? How can things be improved if we are compelled to be evasive by PC monitors?

I dont live anywhere near Dublin but it seems there is a gang subculture among black teens. Can I say that? Is that okay? There have been Irish gangs since before God was born, but now there are also black youth gangs as a specific genre of the theme.

There is a spike in knife crime and acid attacks in the UK - it seems to be related to immigrants, either first or second generation. This is a fact. Can I say it?

There has been an...um...explosion in the numbers of bombs going off in Sweden, which seems to be emanating from immigrant communities. Is that okay to mention? There is an over representation in the rape stats in some European countries of immigrants. Is it okay to say these facts?

None of these statements negate the existence of abhorrent murderers, rapists, bombers and gangs among native communities. Its just new and specific examples of crime are emerging. Why go out of ones way to misrepresent things?

Nobody seems to mind saying other specific and ethnically related things like Italian mafia or Albanian gangs or Irish drug cartels. These descriptors are useful when it comes to understanding and responding to specific crimes.

Because if its not possible to factually describe realities, then how can we possibly have sane and informed responses to new or developing issues? We need to be truthful.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

This os what you get when you don’t control immigration, getting more and more frequent ,

Zorya wrote: »
    How can societies respond to issues if citizens are not allowed to factually relay the details of things?

The thread was created claiming someone was stabbed. The debate proceeded along those line.

No-one was stabbed, posters weren't "factually relay the details of things."
    There is a spike in knife crime and acid attacks in the UK - it seems to be related to immigrants, either first or second generation. This is a fact. Can I say it?

'It seems' does not correlate with 'This is a fact'.

Do you have any facts to offer? Any statistics or evidence?

There is limited academic literature available, but a consensus does not exist.

A large scale European study on the effects of immigration on crime concluded that an increase in immigration generally does not affect crime levels.

https://econpapers.repec.org/article/sprjopoec/v_3a28_3ay_3a2015_3ai_3a3_3ap_3a697-736.htm

How can societies respond to issues if citizens are not allowed to factually relay the details of things?

The thread was created claiming someone was stabbed. The debate proceeded along those line.

No-one was stabbed, posters weren't "factually relay the details of things."

'It seems' does not correlate with 'This is a fact'.

Do you have any facts to offer? Any statistics or evidence?

There is limited academic literature available, but a consensus does not exist.

A large scale European study on the effects of immigration on crime concluded that an increase in immigration generally does not affect crime levels.

https://econpapers.repec.org/article/sprjopoec/v_3a28_3ay_3a2015_3ai_3a3_3ap_3a697-736.htm

I havent learned how to link on this phone but a very cursory glance through google has websites like BBC and Wiki affirming statements like the UK has one of the highest acid attack rates in the world, over 50% of which are committed by ethic minorities, a number which must be related to overall percentage of acid throwers to the whole population, knife crime is rising and is vastly and disproportionately linked to young black and ethnic minorities, and that rape has increased somewhat in places like Sweden and attackers are proportionally more represented from certain ethnic communities.

Nothing wrong with being aware of simple factual criminological demographics if one wants to formulate responses to problems.

I didnt claim there was a stabbing in this case, merely that there is a predictable back and forth repetitive pattern to these threads between two polarised factions who spin facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Gosh, these threads.

How can societies respond to issues if citizens are not allowed to factually relay the details of things? How can things be improved if we are compelled to be evasive by PC monitors?

Nobody seems to mind saying other specific and ethnically related things like Italian mafia or Albanian gangs or Irish drug cartels. These descriptors are useful when it comes to understanding and responding to specific crimes.

Because if its not possible to factually describe realities, then how can we possibly have sane and informed responses to new or developing issues? We need to be truthful.

We are not allowed to say anything. End of. And if we do, it is countermanded by the RACIST word.

Silenced now, no matter what we might think anymore. Someone or some entitity is pulling the strings. The influx (other than vetted UN) cannot go on forever anymore. Everyone knows they are trafficked and here for the economic advantage it might give them, along with total supports from DSP

I wonder how many are actually deported in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Immigration is big business from housing, legal, health etc etc...

This kind of thing could be evaluated without going near immigration specifically. Like what are the influences on people here? Cultural, social, specific medias, artistic subcultures, familial, religious etc. Are there cultural chasms that are difficult to span? Is there an essential alienation that is inevitable at some level? Does our much vaunted liberalism foster too much tolerance or reticence or a lack of predictable expectations of behaviour? And so on.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is not discussing the incident in question

I will be reviewing posts in this thread and there may be further sanctions issued