Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister Jim Daly retiring

Options
  • 20-09-2019 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

So Jim Daly T.D. Minister for Older People has announced he's retiring from politics, 46 years of age, he's not going to stand at next General Election. I have relations down in West Cork, which is his area (Cork South West), a big rumour on the grapevine down there as to his reasons, anyone else heard about that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

GoneHome wrote: »
    So Jim Daly T.D. Minister for Older People has announced he's retiring from politics, 46 years of age, he's not going to stand at next General Election. I have relations down in West Cork, which is his area (Cork South West), a big rumour on the grapevine down there as to his reasons, anyone else heard about that?

Give us a hint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm not sure he'll be any loss to the department.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

No loss whatsoever. Mental Health services in many parts of the country suffering due to lack of funding. Huge waiting lists for people trying to avail of the fair deal scheme. All fall under Daly’s remit. He has no problem spending his time availing of every possible opportunity to increase his own profile while the areas he has responsibility for suffer. A complete waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

He has no problem spending his time availing of every possible opportunity to increase his own profile while the areas he has responsibility for suffer. A complete waste of space.

Yes indeed he seemed to be king of the PR opportunity.

A phenomenonal waste of flesh and bone. Useless prick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

This is the prick who wanted to make providing photo ID a requirement for signing up to social media accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The boards equivalent of a vague Facebook post.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Why post threads like this if you’re not going to say what he’s been accused of instead of hinting at something and having everyone guessing, say it or say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A phenomenonal waste of flesh and bone. Useless prick.

But, but, but he has 6 kids, so can't be that useless :D:D:D

Is it not best to say nothing at all then? I am not trying to be an asshole but what kind of conversation can we even have?

Like if our jumping off point is that its not infidelity but its along the same route, its not good for speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have it, he was caught pouring milk into his tea with the tea bag was still in it? The dirty bastard, absolute animal.

Well it could have went the other way, as being something with children. To be perfectly honest in 2019, i didnt even think it could be that.

I am more shocked cork is that conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Calhoun wrote: »
    I am more shocked cork is that conservative.

West Cork is a very strange place at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

West Cork is a very strange place at the best of times

West Cork is a different country really

I never knew that, and the thought of anyone giving a crap about what it is was so far removed from my mind i was thinking what kind of bad **** could he have been up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

So that's eight Fine Gael TDs who won't be standing at the next election.

Sinking ship anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

46, eh?
    Big pension(s) for the rest of his life.
    Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    46, eh?
    Big pension(s) for the rest of his life.
    Nice.

Actually they don’t get any pension till 65

splinter65 wrote: »
    Actually they don’t get any pension till 65

Was he not a teacher previously?
    I thought that qualified him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Was he not a teacher previously?
    I thought that qualified him?

At 65. Teachers can’t retire at 46. I don’t know why you thought that.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    At 65. Teachers can’t retire at 46. I don’t know why you thought that.

Because I read in IT sometime ago that before 2004 if a now TD/minister was a public servant they could still benefit from early TD/Minister pension.

Mind you, that could have been worked in a 'public service body not 'public servant'

This thread is a decent indication why being a TD must be a massive drag. Guys with fake names posting half baked nonsense about you and your family online.

I don't think he's been a particularly good TD but so what, if he was doing nothing illegal in his private life then leave it alone, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What a nasty and mean-spirited thread. Some of the most angry and ineffectual losers in the country post on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

West Cork is a different country really

..different space/time continuum.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You clearly knew that speculating on such matters is inappropriate, so you choose to start a thread asking others to speculate?

Please think before starting any thread like this again, as I certainly will not be as lenient next time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement